Late Register Tournaments

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late registration is ok (but must be at least 25 big blinds) and must be ready to play push or fold :argh:

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I late register is mainly during freerolls. No money involved... If I HAD to during a money tournament it would be during the first couple of levels (1-2 no later than 3) while the "donks" are still around... 20+ BB would be my preference...

Personally I hate late entries by "super-heroes" 'cause they mess up the friggin' game... You come in on a nice little tourney with like 30 players and then suddenly by first break you're playing against like 200+ people which also lowers the the payout significantly making you almost have place high every time just to recoup the diminished prizes because of these "deadbeats". People should show "common-courtesy" and enter a game ON-TIME or not at all imho...

Re-Entries I don't mind as I expect re-entries... freeze-outs are my preference as well...

Last edited:
Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah what for that this is great that it's your chance to be parf of that torunament late reg be inside and fell big buble you can do it ;)

W

William Wright

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late register

yesterday i waited till 3 minutes left entered tournament n won 1st place so dont be afraid to register late.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to have at least 15-20 big blinds in my bank . if it is less than the blinds will eat my stack quickly or I'll have to go all in with a mediocre hand .

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah what for that this is great that it's your chance to be parf of that torunament late reg be inside and fell big buble you can do it ;)

D-D-Duuude... huh? wha? You drunk or something? Speak ENGLISH chief...

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to start early as much as possible. The times I register late is usually for a guaranteed with overlay and I want around 20bb

As has been mentioned, the first few hand have the worst players. That's where I want to be.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I broke all my own rules about late registration and pretty much ignored all the sensible advice above and joined the pokerstars Hot $4.40, $6K Gtd with 4 minutes left before the end of late registration.

I didn't just throw my chips into the game with any old pair but will admit I was fortunate when I did raise with the combination of the cards I had and matched with and the seemingly slightly desperate actions of the players who's chips I took.

Placed 181 out of 2,261. Could have got further but the reasons why are a weakness in me and my game and you wouldn't want me to tell you that would you. :)

Funny old game.

J

j t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i say about 4 or 5 big blinds is pretty good when entering.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from the beginning and try to get from fish. And without pre-flop all-ins

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it´s depend to me if is a turbo or slow tournament, i prefer to go from the beginning or not less than 50 bb in my stack.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There should be no such thing. I don't like this in on line poker. Everyone who can't make the start time should not be allowed to register late. Just my personal opinion of course.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fair point. But on the flip side if I was playing in a different mtt and was knocked out being able to find something running a short while is handy.
Not a fan of over two hours late reg though

F

fishyfishh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late Registration has never worked out well for me. Probably because I have most commonly entered with about 10-15 big blinds, but in general I still don't like the idea of it. Unless you're talking about late registration within one blind increase of the tournament, then I don't think it is ever a good idea. You will find yourself very short-stacked going up against people with much more than you, rendering you easy to bully and take advantage of. Essentially, late registration changes the beginning stages of your playing from half skill half luck to 95% luck and 5% skill... which for good players is NEVER good.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament should start with the beginning. Personally, I like to play, never tried to choose the tactics to get the prize

I would join late if I miss the start, but I also like starting from the beginning. When you late register you miss out on the donks with A7os.

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the number of chips I'm going to have at the end of registration. I've actually done this a number of times for the Micro Thousand MTT on ACR. I literally watch and wait until the last second to enter this tournament because I really don't want to play for 5 and 1/2 hours waiting for the registration period to end. The blinds are at 500/1000 and with 5000 chips I have little room to maneuver but I've done ok. However, I will also play the $25.00 on demand MTT and for those I will enter as soon as possible because of the chip stacks are only 1500 even though the registration period is just an hour. Like I said, for me it depends on the chip stacks and what stack I will have at the end of registration or at the beginning. For the Jackpot Freerolls I've entered at the last minute the last 3 that I have played on ACR and intertops simply because I could enter, rebuy, and addon, so this gives me a decent stack to work with and some days I just don't want to have to play with over 1000 people in an MTT.

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to enter a tournament as soon as it began.
If i can't then I enter whenever I can. If I'm too late and the blinds are too big I usually do a little bit of gamble to try and build a decent stack.

p.s. I'm not talking about very important tourneys but about the cheap ones/freerolls. If you have an important tournament upcoming do you best and be there from the first minute.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always try to avoid. Because when I go, play conformed to the elimination, because I started with fewer chips, and other excuses... And inevitably I play worse.

B

Blazed101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going in last minute will lead you too play catch up. not fun...

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A sfor me better started playing tournaments for late registrations, when my steck was 40-50 bb's, becouse for 1st levels is very danger .. more set, stright. flush and other ...

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind late reg tourneys if they are deep stacks. micros I like to register at level 3 or so where the blinds are still low and all the meat heads are out already so you can actualy play properly without people shoving all in every hand.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not big on late registration, but some of the tourneys have such lengthy late registration periods (3+ hours) that it almost becomes mandatory to do it. The later you register, the bigger the gamble, and the less able you are to play good poker. You don't have the time to be tight, or to get to know the other players, or to build up a proper stack without getting incredibly and frequently lucky. Since my Lq (luck quotient) is pretty small, I prefer to avoid trying to rely on luck.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i would opt for late registration only if the tournament is slow paced and average stacks are not high enough...if not sure i let it go, cause there are plenty of tourney to buy in...... I would suggest to plan in advance, which tourney u want to play

Palm4Life

Palm4Life

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to get in late cuz starters can be more giving fish ;)
But if for real reasons I'm to late to sign in, I play like an exited fish ;)