Late Reg???

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They just afraid of loosing too quickly and do that to avoid as many wrong moves as they can. To be honest, it's quite weird way to win more.

M

Mater_AA_KK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick dubbel up is what they want

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive found that late in the game its hard, as the blinds are high, and the odds are better at the begging to build chips.. But I have joined a few late (especially big money freerolls) where you can just sit and boost the bankroll a bit..

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saves time and one can double up if you are patient.

D

dashyss86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd only register late if I would have no less than 18BB starting chips (turbo 3mins blinds) , anything less than that for me is just luck and waiting for a good cards to double up

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are advantages and disadvantages of registering that late in a freeroll. When you enter that late the bigger blinds are hurting you and the players with big chip stacks are aiming for you but if you get nice cards it's a quick way to increase you own chip stack.

A

Alijohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating

Late registration especially in pokerstars are really frustrating. Some tournaments have 3 hours late reg. time. you play 3 hours and hundreds of hands but some fish comes and double up in one hand. I believe they have to limit that max. 1 hour.

Last edited:
foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many think that entering late have more chance of entering prizes, but it is a wrong strategy.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some players that is my case I prefer to register in the tournaments at the end of the late registration because I do not like the beginning because I do not like to get involved in small pots with very low bbs, but the KOs that I enter in the beginning.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree

Late registration especially in pokerstars are really frustrating. Some tournaments have 3 hours late reg. time. you play 3 hours and hundreds of hands but some fish comes and double up in one hand. I believe they have to limit that max. 1 hour.

I agree with you but it is not only in pokerstars but these long late records are due to the guaranteed ones that they have to reach but in some I prefer to even enter after the tournament is after level 6 because in the first levels there are many maniacs that go with any game and end up eliminating you with worse games and because the bbs are very low.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just people trying to manage their time because of it being a freeroll not everyone wants to spend the extra time in the early levels.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I late reg most times.:):):)

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try to join as close to the start time as possible but if its 1 or 2 levels in I'll make an exception and join late. I don't particularly like joining when the blinds are high and I have to make moves or risk getting blinded out since I play very tight.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it is good to join in a little late to avoid the fish the play ATC

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play that much, I am confident that with these chips I will be able to reach my goal

NeedKoffee

NeedKoffee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it happened to me today, I joined a tournament 1 minute before late registration ended, sat at the table with 1500 chips, blinds were at 100/200, so I had little more than 5 BB. Got unlucky, no good cards came to my hand and before I knew it I was almost with no stack at all. As a previous member said, entering 10-15 minutes after the start of the tournament isn't much of an issue, however entering too close to the end of late reg. might become a really issue, because blinds are too high and it's hard to keep up, so be very careful with it.

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early levels are boring in freerolls and you can join late double up and keep it rolling

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is a good technique depending on blind levels, blind timers, etc;
I don't want to play for two hours just for a bunch of people to join at an hour 59 minutes and knock me out.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how people justify spending a full buy-in for 10 BBs are less.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a late reg. tournament ia good because you are playing a crucial part of game with fewer hours than major part of field. And you can fewer tired than then and make better decisions (it's nota a rule). But also your have less blinds, and that increase the chance of elimination.

I think it's good strategy for players don't have much patience for early stages of torunaments.

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi There
I have a doubt
Ok You´re in a freeroll
Why is that a lot of players (10% of the remaining ) join the game
when it´s close to the end of late registration? And the blinds are very high?
Is there any trick on that?
Comments pls
Rgds

Yes I use this to my advantage as well as some other players. Getting in the game late you can double up quickly and you don’t have to spend the first 2 hours or even 2.5 hours playing and wasting your time and energy. The real action starts when the registration closes anyways because then players start falling and you can make the money faster. I think it’s a complete advantage not only can the actions go quick but you can top the leaderboard quickly too. Going in when the tourney starts it’s very slow play and no one raises or do any significant plays and it’s very slow for the first 1.5 hours to 2 hours so why waste my time when I can go in late while the action is hot

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i ussually play better in late reg , from start i mess up... , and if i dont mess up from start and buil a stack i will mess up late bcz i dont have the patience for a full tournement

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoever chooses the late joining may be because the blind, if higher, can double up with the higher blinds and are not tired yet.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of players wait for late reg. Sometimes I play the on demand 1$ on ACR. At times you can wait for almost an hour for 10 players to reg. As soon as the tourney starts the players double in less then 10 mins. After 50 mins when late reg end theres over a 100. And about 50 re entries( which totally mess up the tourney). (BTW - are there any regular tournaments that does not have re entries on ACR)