Last minute registration - why

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow I had never heard about this before. If that’s what is happening it kind of makes more sense. I’ve seen someone come in at the last level of late reg and double up twice and be in good shape.
this happened to me the other day bought in 3 hands an book good shape

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are different types of strategy. Personally I prefer to play them from the beginning but I've seen it a lot especially in tournaments with many people. Just yesterday I happened to play the Splash sat for the Sunday Million and several people entered in the last minute with 4,5BB. I think in part is to save the time and on the other hand they do not want to face decision-making and postflop game in that tales part in early stages, since entering this way the strategy is push or fold. I would not like to generalize, but I think in most cases comes to recreational players.
Anyway I think the late registration period should be shorter, but this is probably not profitable for the room.

Greetings.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow I had never heard about this before. If that’s what is happening it kind of makes more sense. I’ve seen someone come in at the last level of late reg and double up twice and be in good shape.
Yes when I was in a stable it would happen about 10 - 15 times a day a notification would go up in the group you'd comment you were available and funds would be delivered into your account to play. Any winning were then split between the site, the stable and the player.

piobest

piobest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people come in late, just because they feel confident and comfortable at 15-20bb. They don 't need to sit for 2-3 hours at first.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people come in late, just because they feel confident and comfortable at 15-20bb. They don 't need to sit for 2-3 hours at first.

This is true for me and also other reason is that I know that I still have an edge to tournament buy-in 2d-11d even when I go with short stack. So that's the biggest reason why I late reg for the deepstack tournaments.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
me and just a strategy or not lack of time or how many spoke to try a winning hand, there you choose to either, with late registration received less labor, with initial registration you can better select the hand will play!:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everybody!! I think that before registering for a tournament you should know him, that is, once you have observed the structure and dynamics of the game, since although the players vary the tournament will last the same time and the dynamics of the game will be Exactly the same, depending on this you can decide at what time to enter and what strategy to apply, there are bullfights in which registering minutes before the registration closes you will enter with a decent stack, such as 10 bb, and if you enter decided to play a flip, using A good strategy will probably double you and your stack gives you the opportunity to be closer to entering ITM, since in several tournaments you will achieve it by doing this with a single hand played. But good to know how to choose and also assume the risk of entering a tournament with a short stack.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
People do not know how to play in the small blinds.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that some players use it for this reason. the other is fish, which wants to win prizes in a short time. This option is to increase the number of participants with many reasons to start later.
Anyone who plays this way certainly has a comfortable bankroll for this and knows how to play very well with a low stack. I don't like this strategy but I understand who uses it. Here are some reasons:
Any fold it will be close to the ITM.
Saved time
Smaller field / smaller variance

I've seen videos that say that, for those who know how to use it, this strategy increases the ITM rate.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration

Sometimes îs The only Time You catch to enter, and other players just want to catch when îs fewer players în The game

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a lot of players im sure its just dgens that are jumping in wanting to play anything regardless of when it started. However, some mtts you can late reg in the last few minutes and just be a double up away from a min cash. I generally like to reg early to mid and give myself more time and not have to get it in with garbage. I like to reg with atleast 30bbs for a regular mtt or atleast 50bbs for a turbo. Any less than that and I wont play.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the situation you discribe, buying in is getting in a difficult situation with 10000 chips, with an average of 45000. It is not impossible anyway! With carefull play they can reach the average of 45000 and then the road is open!

I agree as long as you play your cards right you could catch up in not time!!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot understand the logic of joining a tournament in the last ten minutes or so. an example is below.
It was $7.50 with a starter of $10,000. The average holding was 45,000 and at least one person had over a million dollars. During the last ten minutes forty players joined, The odds against them surviving a hand were large, and any chance of winning money minute.
Can anyone explain the logic of this ?

Spend a lot less time in a tournament.

Typically 1/3 of the field is knocked out already.

Decisions are easier - short stacks are pot committed when they enter the hand.

Just a few reasons.

D

DixonHuenow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once in a blue moon I'll see a tourney where you can register practically in the prize pool. But normally I don't understand it.

But it makes the prizepool bigger.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

Very often, the tournament and the working hours are not the same! (
:five:

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

For example, yesterday, the tournament started at 19:30, and I was at work until 20.58. I accidentally walked into the PS and it turned out that they had a late check!) Two minutes to the end, I went to the tournament and win a prize!):D

F

flanylpant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the tournament has a huge prize pool it could be worth the chance, but really depends on risk reward

F

flanylpant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the tournament has a huge prize pool it could be worth the chance, but really depends on risk reward. For instance the sunday million on pokerstars had a 18 million dollar prize pool for 215$ entry. I would enter that as many times as I could

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I admit i have never understood why players do this. You come it at such a disadvantage its not worth it. I could see the value of doing this if they would be close to the money once late registration ends.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some are good short stack players and some just wanna play more tournaments

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like and have never liked tournaments with late registration with repeated entries.If you are out of the tournament then you are not lucky and you should not spend your money again.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot understand the logic of joining a tournament in the last ten minutes or so. an example is below.
It was $7.50 with a starter of $10,000. The average holding was 45,000 and at least one person had over a million dollars. During the last ten minutes forty players joined, The odds against them surviving a hand were large, and any chance of winning money minute.
Can anyone explain the logic of this ?

Jeff Bosky said the only answer that ever made some sense in one of his YouTube vids. Basically, it amounted to ROI/hr. That is, if you're a tournament player and enter just to play 9 hours and bust pre-bubble, you lose much less per hour during late reg. Plus you have time to live your life. Blah blah. Check it out.