Last minute registration - why

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registrations and rebuts are a bane for serious poker players .I have seen people go all with 2 pair and the rebuy again ..Its just brings in all bingo players

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Late registration of poker stars is profitable, they make money on it, I think that all players do not like late registration

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like to start the tournament from the beginning.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good idea if you have a limit on how many times u want to rebuy. Wait until last minute, buy in and add on and u might save yourself some money. You can still win 1st place if you're lucky

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the tournament in question, some are played from the beginning and some I like to go to the end :) a matter of taste :D

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I am doing it to. I love to register at tournament 10 minutes before late registration ends, because it is saving my time. Poker is cards game where you need luck. So , you can play 2h from start and than after 1,5 h KO with AA, from experience.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think people are just lazy, they don't want to play, save their time. Obviously, it's not great to start the game with 10 or less big blinds but it makes decision making very easy - push or fold. And almost everybody like simpleness, me too :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In R+A tournaments it makes sense to register in the last moment to decrease the risk, that you will need to rebuy. Its essentially about buying your chips as cheap as possible. In other tournaments I guess, people do it to save time, and/or because they want to avoid deeper stacked play. Sometimes there is also an overlay, which you can take advantage of by jumping onboard in the last moment. Often though the overlay will be gone, when registration closes, or it will be so small, that it does not really matter.

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always look out for such Players, they are really right and aggressive and just look to cash out by going through the bubble, it’s really nice to trap such players with good hands. And for then its really good if they reach the cash out because they have a chance for nice money

OmgCandy1907

OmgCandy1907

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you go in with a double rebuy and make an addon, then you have all the chances. but the better the guys who register and play first-hand all-in even with 2-8 ... there is no certain logic, luck is such a thing))) especially when these 2 8 call AA and KK, and on the flop we see 2 2 8 :)))

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who plays this way certainly has a comfortable bankroll for this and knows how to play very well with a low stack. I don't like this strategy but I understand who uses it. Here are some reasons:
Any fold it will be close to the ITM.
Saved time
Smaller field / smaller variance

I've seen videos that say that, for those who know how to use it, this strategy increases the ITM rate.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like and i prefer to play from beggin...........I don t understand why people register very late........Make no sense.......I mean.."very late"///not late after 5-10 min........

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recognising that crap shooting doesn't require skill is the first step.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late tournament phase = higher stakes = quick multiplication of chips, condition - good hands

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used the late registration to good effect back when pokerstars was running the leagues. I would wait until the last few seconds of late registration, at this point a large chunk of players would be out already. Then I would run the clock down every hand, as did others at the table, and pretty much only play AA or occasionally KK. The idea was to reach a point where you would get positive points which was easier to achieve late regging. End of the month I would quite often be in a good position in the league and get a cash reward.

Of course pokerstars were aware of this going on and kept changing things until the league was no more.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I agree with some comments that saves time
but it´s not very wise

Rgds

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont like hours of late reg. should be at most 30 min. that is long enough.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you register late you avoid the action junkies who entice you into a big hand where you risk losing many chips in a race.

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm don't know why peoples do it!

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont like hours of late reg. should be at most 30 min. that is long enough.

Agree 100% BOL's tournaments have like 2+ hours late reg... it's brutal.

I generally late reg when there is 50% of the people to the money. That is, 50ppl playing, 25 to the money, I'm in, assuming I get more than 5BB.

I can usually coast into the bottom money slot, or if I hit a hand do better.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time

I do it just to not have to sit through long start kind of boring waiting for late reg to finish

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen videos that say that, for those who know how to use it, this strategy increases the ITM rate.
Speaking from experience, this is true. I didn't start making money or hitting FTs after years of playing until i started late registering into mtts. It also improved my late stage game a ton.

In my best year, before i stopped playing for a while, i had 355 cashes with ~30% final tables. I also had ~35-40 top 3 finishes with 10 wins, all late registering with 10-15 bbs, or less. Prior to that, i had 1 mtt win in ~5+ years of playing.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking from experience, this is true. I didn't start making money or hitting FTs after years of playing until i started late registering into mtts. It also improved my late stage game a ton.

In my best year, before i stopped playing for a while, i had 355 cashes with ~30% final tables. I also had ~35-40 top 3 finishes with 10 wins, all late registering with 10-15 bbs, or less. Prior to that, i had 1 mtt win in ~5+ years of playing.
It's like saying "you have to know how to use this strategy". It is not enough just to register late without studying. Congratulations on your results.

JoeKampman

JoeKampman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a staking stable throwing players in at late reg they get a deal on making the tourneys meet guarantee.

Wow I had never heard about this before. If that’s what is happening it kind of makes more sense. I’ve seen someone come in at the last level of late reg and double up twice and be in good shape.