Last minute registration - why

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its ok 4 me, but u should play push/fold only.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late registration I think is okay for players who don't like playing deep poker..but the case you're mentioning I guess it's just a bad deal to register too late also.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use this not only to avoid losing blinds for nothing, but also to avoid recreational players who usually fall at the beginning of tournaments.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
In tournaments it will start with many chips and the blinds will generally be small in comparison. In those early stages you should not reach all your chips in marginal situations, especially when you have a decent hand, but not strong. While in that mode, try to see cheap flops and hope to catch something. Do not take unnecessary risks unless you really have a good hand. Even K K can be doubtful to go all in.
The conclusion is: at first use your survival skills. Then, as the blinds rise and the number of bets in front of you decreases, speed up the pace of your game. That is when you have to attack more often and get aggressive domination of your table.
As the tournament progresses, the stacks of chips become increasingly valuable.
The great poker players will enter the tournaments late to avoid falling into a trap that leaves them out of the tournament, being more "safe" to enter when the blinds rise.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot understand the logic of joining a tournament in the last ten minutes or so. an example is below.
It was $7.50 with a starter of $10,000. The average holding was 45,000 and at least one person had over a million dollars. During the last ten minutes forty players joined, The odds against them surviving a hand were large, and any chance of winning money minute.
Can anyone explain the logic of this ?

Hello, maxboy44! I think, the players, which like to do a late registration, have only an one logic, and main target, by my opinion:
that in the tournament remained less players, and this is means for them have more chances hit in the prizes any price, especcially,
when these players start stretch the time before "bubble"... Another logic I not see... :confused:
P. S. Everyone playing, as want and as can...:rolleyes:

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The logic is simple. Everyone likes to eat bread and butter. Not just poker players.

K

krypto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i my self do some late reg's, but for the most part i reg b for game time to insure the best chances of stacking up

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think the option to register at the last minute is good because the other players already have their stecks done and you will enter only to hinder or compromise the stack of others, but there are people who use this as a strategy to enter the last minute and add a rebuy or addon

C

crymwolf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reg is for fish lover, but sometimes it's very useful whan you real late/

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late Registration

Phil Helmuth is notorious for late registration.

He feels that it intimidates other players. I guess that's if you're playing live events, and you know who he is.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never deliberately go for late registration. If I have the time I will play from the beginning. It's not always a terrible proposition though

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to immediately enter the tournament on time and consider it an unnecessary waste of money for late registration. You have to go immediately to everything. The site is certainly beneficial to have more players in the tournament. I met this at pokerstars.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I use last minute registration only in freerolls and tournaments which have less than1$ entrance.

K

kamikaze2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]poker is a matter of understanding and joining with the chips

[/COLOR]

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like a lot of players said, you just save time. Also, you avoid some all-ins in the beginning of the tournament and maximize the chances of going ITM.

Orathion

Orathion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its nice to have the option either way, nobody is forcing anyone to register late but if i was late registering to a tournament because of another game needing focus or a real life event delaying me then why not at least be able to do it regardless of stack conditions.

B

Bellasdad2009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last minute buy in

When i late register there is usually not that many places until a spot os being played. I loke to play tight and hopefully double up once or twice and im in the game.

DWProdigy

DWProdigy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it certainly depends on what the structure is, but I agree it's typically a huge punt. The only time I think this actually make sense is in leaderboard situations, where you can late reg right before the time is up and get a decent position and take your 10bbs or whatever and try to scum run to the FT and win haha

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time that it makes sense to late register is to skip the first couple of blind levels. That time is the craziest and most unpredictable. You have to make a very strong hand to win, and you're not even really winning that much. Late registering just before late registration is up is too much of a gamble. I do not recommend it.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, good night!

I personally like to start at the beginning of tournaments, especially if I start with ante from the beginning.
If it is a freezout tournament, (with no possibility of re-entry) I usually enter a maximum of two blind levels after starting.

But I really have no interest in entering when the tournaments are over.

The only exception are cheaper tournaments where you can enter rebuy and addon directly in the interval. And I want to play with high variance!

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not against late-registration and rebuys cuz it brings more money/places paid into the prizepool, however I'd hardly ever do it. Sure it's still possible to get through but your chances severely decrease, even if you think "the preflop shove donkeys are weeded out to decrease variance". You'll have little time to catch a good hand and go all-in, and considering good players will be left you will be up against a good hand too. Then you gotta win at least 2 flips to just get about an average stack.
I gotta admit a tournament takes long until the late start, but I like to play from beginning to build up a nice stack and take my chances... Downside in that case can be if you bust out after 3 hours let's say (late start ends at 3hr20min on the network I play), it's frustrating tho that you played 3 hours for nothing then, but that's tournaments I guess..

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low buy-in fee 、 Deepstacks & time are the main reasons.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run hopefully everything will average out