frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I like regular tournaments more than knockouts. In regular tournaments, people play real poker, and in knockouts, players are mainly aimed at knocking out an opponent in order to get his bounty.

and my strategy is to play proper poker and hit em with the nuts to get that early lead :D

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any tips?
If you're looking for easy money, forget it. You'll earn whatever you get..either by playing well or getting lucky. What I'm trying to do is have a steady climbing win curve..look up sharkscope and you'll understand. At the moment I'm focused on other projects (successfully) which has taken a long time to master.:cool:

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any tips?

Choose the modality that you like and try to work on the strategies of each one:eek:

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Турниры на выбывание настолько хороши, что можно выбить несколько человек и уже получить прибыль, даже не попав в призовую зону.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knockouts are better, cuz fish like it. Till 100$ there are many fun players. In some rooms rake in KO lower then in regular, so, it is my favourtie.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i like ko its crazy but the feeling after shootout is great:)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend you specialize first in regulating and then play KO.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Standard tourneys for me. I do play KO sometimes too, for a bit of variety. The payouts for getting in the money are usually half the normal tourney to pay for the bounties, so I sometimes feel like I've battled for hours without much reward if I do cash, and haven't taken many people down in the process.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO or regular ? Both are OK. The problem most people have with them is they play them the same way. If you ever listen to pro's talk , you will here that you must play very different if you expect to do well. With a bounty on a player, especially a progressive bounty which continues to grow you have to think about that money as being in the pot. This is why people shove very wide and call light against bounties. As it always is with poker. it comes down to math and odds and probabilities, you don't need to be a math wiz to play but you do have to realize that the games are very different.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Seja como for, o que muda é a estratégia

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't mind either format, but a pokerstars, if you don't knock anyone out, you still might not make your buy-in back, even if you make it into the money. If you barely get into the money, you MUST have knocked someone out to show a profit.

This is the only site that I'm aware of that his this kind of payout structure. In all the other ones, you make a profit (albeit small), no matter where you finish in the money.

A bigger issue for me, is the length of time for late registration. At least, with bounties, you might be able to make some money, before late registration ends, and you're booted.

In regular tournaments, you have to wait well over the late registration period to make some cash....and you might not get there, and have the buy-in loss to show for your time.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the normal variant, I would say Ko, I play less because I like to have a bigger prizepool ... it just looks better for the eyes. Ko is not a bad option if you had the choice

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Play the hot or the big, you enter into collection much faster than the bb which too many bad players enter and go there many times with mediocre cards and the most incredible thing to be seems complacent because they connect a lot at that micro level is a massacre that BB modality

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I like the bounty KOs better, they are very good and interesting, I love them. They are very stylish, fun, interesting, and most importantly have an elimination bonus.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO is more profitable to play, because you can beat the buy-in before reaching the prize zone.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like the idea of KO. Probably good for the game. I stick to Regular though because I know the format better. Also I only play on ACR and last I checked their KOs aren't progressive, which is pretty lame imo

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the strategy for knockout is much more aggressive. You have to push smaller margins and try to make sure you're building a bigger stack than your opponents and knocking them out. With a standard tournament, you can sit back a lot more and wait for good hands, but in KO, you've got to push a lot harder.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are learning, I recommend regular tournaments, many times when you play in bounty tournaments, you are more aware of eliminating someone to win the bounty than of playing good, that makes you play badly and you leave the game faster than you waited for it to start. If you already have enough experience in regular tournaments, bounty tournaments are usually fun and you win right from the start if luck is on your side ;) Regards.