mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
be guided by which structure best suits you and your game, in which you feel more comfortable playing, in the KO you have the advantage of obtaining benefit for eliminating a player but also generates the disadvantage of distraction by being aware of eliminating A player, in a regular tournament you are simply not aware of the elimination rewards and you can play a little more calmly, try to see the pros and cons

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer regular tourneys coz they suit my style better

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the ko because it suits my style of play better ... in addition I can recover the entry before entering the bubble and if you enter you can get more profits, and if you are lucky you can eliminate people who can be worth more than double of the entrance and everything adds up

G

gio1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KO tournaments are exciting but I would choose a regular tournament to be in the hands of fair play

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular tourneys,because there is more relaxing play

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's best to play whatever you like the most. I used to play both cash and tourneys, but now only play cash. I just don't like to buy in for 20$ and win nothing, variance in poker is high enough as it is. You add hundreds of players on top and it goes crazy high :(

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play what you feel best, in Ko you can win by eliminating players, but you have to play calmly without anxiety.
Normal tournaments take a little longer to burst the bubble.
So it's much more up to you than the tournaments themselves.

Good luck at the tables

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing both. But PKO is more exciting, and you have a chance to get your entry money back or better without even cashing. Its like a little edge for my bankroll. The payouts are not as big but if you are in the money, you most likely collected bounties to make up for it.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer regular tournaments....sometimes i play KO...

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer KO. There are good chances to earn before prizes places

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey ! I play the same format

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like both, play the same way on both of them.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find Ko games the most fun and if you know how to play skillfully and control your ambitions, you have a good chance of saving the Buy-in with the rewards and staying in the profit even if the bubble doesn't burst.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played both and prefer regular over KO.

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like ko because lets be real 70% of the time you wont make it to the money round then more over another 95% of the time you won't make it to the top 10 where the real money. So even if you lose early in the ko or later you atleast go home happy with more monkey vs regular tourney if you just get elimnated near after bubble round.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't mind playing both, as in I won't particularly choose one over the other.

I do like the added game mechanic of the KO tournaments though. It gives you a nice chance of making back part or maybe even all of your buy-in even if you don't manage to get ITM.

The payouts do take a bit of a knock though on KO's. So if I was very regularly/reliably finishing higher up ITM in tournaments then I'd probably make a choice to go for regular tournaments. But let's be honest, as a beginner there's nothing reliable about my poker games.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner, it is better to play regular tournaments. Indeed, for bounty and knockout tournaments, you need to know and be able to apply the push-fold strategy.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

there are advantages in knockout tournaments, even if you don’t get into the rewards and knock out a couple of people from the tournament, then you can win back a small part of the buy-in....

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played both and prefer regular over KO.

I agree with this approach, although KO tournaments often make me think about hero calls for the entire opponent's stack:D