KO or Regular?

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you get better results at regular tournaments you should keep playing those instead of the ko tournaments. i think ko tournaments have a bigger variance since many players are going to push all in preflop trying to win other players bounties so your bankroll should be higher in these type of tournaments.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play both but prefer KO/bounty system!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played both but frankly i would rather play a regular tournament over a bounty one. Just a personal preference.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO requires a much more aggressive style of play where you build a bigger stack than your opponents and pick them off as often as possible. You're definitely required to take a lot more chances in a KO tournament in order to make money.

In a regular tournament, you are rewarded by solid play and the only person you you really need to knock out is the person who takes second place.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a preference for KO. The feeling of earning some change over the course of the tournament is magnificent.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both but I tend to lean toward the KO! Its nice if you get our money back before you even make the money!

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. I like to play KO because you get money for every1 you knockout. It does take a little away from main pot but i dont mind. I play whatever is juicy. Good luck.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started playing ko version and it seems to be the same, so I like them both. You get money for ko’s, regular you don’t.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regular for me.

the ko mtts tend to have quicker structures..on stars at any rate...7 minutes / level compared to 10 in regular tourneys.
Sure..you only need to ko 4 players to get your buy in back...but that is often easier said than done.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the ko are very interesting, play a better one, it is push or fold, it is very important not to give away chips in case of elimination, I am more fun with bounty ko than the regular ones.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any tips?

Better to start with regular tournaments, KO tournaments can derail your goals and your game plan.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to see the KO tournaments as a bit more lose handed than the regular ones bc players are always aiming to KO others for the bounty, with a larger range of calls. So if you play nit the tendency, not always but nevertheless, is for you to build up stack since a lot of confrontations will occur on dominated hands. Of course, the cards are still the cards and bad beats can and will happen.
I play both regular and KOs adapting the game as it is shown.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the priority is a knockout, especially with a Bounty, although the usual hold'em goes with a bang

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have specified which tournament is better, used to play regular tournaments but i know that playing KO is getting fun when you eliminate other player. That's why i play sometimes for this kind of tournament.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, what advice can be at tacile limits)), play tight, this is the surest advice as for me, and you don't need to invent anything!

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer regular. but sometimes i play the KO that gets you money for eliminating other players. once i got more money than the actual prize for getting in the money.

F

fmbordini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any tips?

regular,...ko just if you go to final table...

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

knockouts and knockout progression. There are a lot of weak players in such tournaments, but the game there is aggressive because of the bounty hunt. That is, if you knock your opponent out of such a tournament, you will immediately receive a reward for him. You can win the n-th amount without even reaching the prizes. Of course, bounty hunting attracts a very large number of weak players, but you need to play there quite aggressively. I realized this and decided that I would start playing only when I felt more confident in poker
As a beginner, I played everything: both profitable tournaments and unprofitable ones. And only when I improved my skill, became a regular and started winning, I realized that there are tournaments in which beginners should play, and there are tournaments that it is better for them to bypass. Since then I have been playing tournaments that are beneficial to my level. And this, of course, affects my results and profit.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KOs are fun, they are becoming my favorites

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular than KO.I dont have much luch playing KO.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like KO very much. Is there a KO cardschat freeroll ?

K

kojuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently came back to playing poker and was kind of curious myself, finally decided to play regulars just because when starting i'm interested more in teaching myself the right way to play poker and not shoving hands to get bounties, it could become a bad habit

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm ambivalent about regular vs KO. I do about equally well in both kinds. My preference is for single entry tournaments vs re-entries, but those are pretty hard to find these days on BCP.