Knowing you're beat, but calling anyway?

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened to me enough times that eventually I just decided I was going to trust myself to know that I am beaten. Even when your absolutely SURE he didn't just call a 3bet/4bet with 57o, if I feel I am beat, let it go. Especially online with low stakes games and poor players, you can almost guarantee that someone called with a crap hand.

Fold, say nh, and get it back in the hands to come. :icon_king

I've done just that.

I'm now hitting the final 3 (9 players) almost every time, so I'm definitely getting better. We can all improve and this thread alone has helped. The next chapter is improving the showdown as that is now my weakest point.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a timely post for me. I have been call when I know I'm beat for quite awhile. Big down turn. I am now back to my winning ways with folding folding and folding when I know I'm beat. Whether I am write or wrong, I'm still in the game and playing. Bury the Ego!

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a timely post for me. I have been call when I know I'm beat for quite awhile. Big down turn. I am now back to my winning ways with folding folding and folding when I know I'm beat. Whether I am write or wrong, I'm still in the game and playing. Bury the Ego!

Spot on.

I think with Poker you sometimes need to be told what you already know. But it's buried deep and you know what to do, but other people telling you time and time again is what's needed.

Just finished second and won the previous 2. Going in the right direction, thanks to some of the posters on here.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet sizing can tell you a bit...but online players are serial bluffers

P

Philwalmsley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo ppl

Throw them away if you no your done for...
But we gave all done it to be fair 🙈

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to be able to fold, although there are bluffs in the opponent’s range,,,, or not?