Knockout Tournaments

Luci

Luci

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The knockouts man we all love them, especially when we re runnin good. I love the new series on pokerstars, I don t know how new is it, the Bounty Builders, progressive knockouts, even low stacks like the 2.20 1.10 u can get a lot of money with no final table.if you re lucky enogh to make it to the FT it s even better. they are good for your bankroll i think. There s no big difference, the only thing is that sometimes you re going to call your trash hand just for the bounty.

D

deffcity

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i find a lot of people do wrong in these type of tourneys is start hunting for bounties in the beginning stages, I'm no master at these but I've made a few hundred from micro stake ones,

i find it much more profitable to work on your stack first hour, as the bounties are so low it doesn't make sense risking your life for $2 or less when you can wait and take bounties when their bounty is more, this way you have a dominant stack and aren't blind shoving

C

chelatif

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love them progressive ones or in general ko tables. U dont even need to win tournament and yll be even or gain a dollar or 2 without hitting last table easy money imo

C

CearaPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like playing these nocalte tournament, but the risk of being eliminated is always great, the best thing to do is always play hard at the beginning and after a while decide to steal more than blindes eliminate opponents.

M

mauroc711

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the funniest is when short stack goes all in and there are 3 or 4 callers every time,just becouse of bounty lol

Agree with this.

It's amazing when some short player moves his chips, the number of callers increases relative to a common tournament.

Otherwise it is similar to a classic mtt, only more aggressive. If we are lucky we may be favored in this respect.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i find a lot of people do wrong in these type of tourneys is start hunting for bounties in the beginning stages, I'm no master at these but I've made a few hundred from micro stake ones,

i find it much more profitable to work on your stack first hour, as the bounties are so low it doesn't make sense risking your life for $2 or less when you can wait and take bounties when their bounty is more, this way you have a dominant stack and aren't blind shoving

This may be the best advice I've seen in this thread.

J

jalo404

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play knockout tournaments? Is there difference in your play between knockouts and regular tourneys?

arbahool, you shouldn't have a seperate strategy for any (most) gametypes. no matter what game the objective is to get your oponents chips, however you do so is your type of play.

hope this is helpful
good luck!!

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to push all-in more often with my premium hands in knockout games just because I know I'll be called more often than in regular games. In later stages as people start trying to make the money, I'll play a tighter game.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a difference way to play KO tournaments and Progressive KO, for me PKO is more easy to play cause you have other objectives.

arbahool

arbahool

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like your avatar pic :))

thx haha me2 :D

I am playing knockouts for last 2-3 weeks and made a good profit.
Sit n goes with 5$-10$ buy in 6-max or Progressive Super knockouts with 90 players,also 5$-11$ buy in.

Today I won this one:
11 Winner

I have won and few other knockouts but didn't get screenshots :D

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to try knockout tournaments in micromillions $1.10 with pokerstars. What advice can you give me to make as much money as I can?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to try knockout tournaments in micromillions $1.10 with pokerstars. What advice can you give me to make as much money as I can?

To forget that you are playing a knockout tournament! To play like a normal tournament, not to pay attention to the knockouts! Otherwise the whole game will be reduced to knocking out quickly and you'll kick yourself! Play calmly, and the bounty will be a nice bonus! If you have this ticket, I would advise to consider the more expensive tournaments of this series!

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To forget that you are playing a knockout tournament! To play like a normal tournament, not to pay attention to the knockouts! Otherwise the whole game will be reduced to knocking out quickly and you'll kick yourself! Play calmly, and the bounty will be a nice bonus! If you have this ticket, I would advise to consider the more expensive tournaments of this series!
Thanks for the advice, I will consider it

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of such tournaments you should not play aggressively. You do not have to try to knock out someone at the beginning of the tournament, since in the beginning very small amounts are given for knocking out players. In the late stage of the tournament, the amounts will be large for knocking out ...)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Try to play with a lot of intelligence and study your villains very well ... and start playing very strong hands and do it in a very aggressive way .... that will help you to keep a large stock of chips and some prizes if you manage to eliminate Some villain ... but be careful that you do not gain the anxiety of wanting to eliminate villains because you could get rid of yourself ...!

M

MulletMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait patiently and read your opponents. Take notes and play tight for first few rounds. Grab your knockouts later on.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cmon man,,if your not going for bountys,why are we playing a BOUNTY format. Be aggressive. Or play a nice Hot,Big format. We have choices:)

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think that it is a knockout tourney and play like regular tourney. If you think all the time how many players you will kill, you will die before :) . Good luck

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people play wrong because it's a knock out tournament.
You should play as any tournament, it's the easier way to get good results.
Playing to knock out people usually makes you loose, because you bet in weak hands and go for lucky.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Build your stack early so you can afford to go for knockouts late. Try to maximize your wins when people chase to get a knockout on you.