Knockout Tournaments

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play knockout tournaments? Is there difference in your play between knockouts and regular tourneys?

There is no difference, because I do not try to knock out someone, but if it works out, then it becomes a pleasant bonus to the game.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love knockout tournaments, i'm really good at them, I just simply make some little adjustments to my game and be a little bit more agressive than usual.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love knockout tournaments, i'm really good at them, I just simply make some little adjustments to my game and be a little bit more agressive than usual.
What strategy do you follow in such tournaments? How often do you open raise and with which hands most often from the lower spectrum? How to play hands A10, AJ, KQ, JJ, 1010, 99?

A

aleogura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play a knockout tournament but I found it very aggressive, and I get a lot of calls

gogadgetdx

gogadgetdx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love 'em!

I was playing couple of Knockout tournament last month( Bounty Builder on PS ), and find so many players go all in preflop no matter what if opponent have short stack. If someone push all in with lets say 1200 chips , usualy they have 2 or 3callers with 3000-4000 chips. Unbelive. Couple of time I was after thats calls push all in to push out that players, but quess what ? They all call, pure bingo.And its tournament with 8,80 or 22 dollar buy in, think too much risk to get out from tournament only because of bounty.

I love, love, love KO tournaments! So easy to build up a big chip stack quickly while all the villains try to knock people out; they lose sight of the prize :-D

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think opening up the range a little in a bounty (against shorter stacks) can be profitable. But still try to play tight normally.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never played a KO tournament, I didn't even know they existed :)

WindOfBliss

WindOfBliss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If this SnG tournament is hyper, then A x push or other 2 pictures or pairs, everything else folds, these tournaments are more for luck than for skill, I only in them from KnockOuts and play :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should try to ignore the bounty unless the prize is worth more than the icm risk associated with your play.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens that you want to knock out a player for a small reward, when you suddenly get into big trouble in the form of an increase in the bet from a player with a large stack.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is my favorite tournaments. I play them everyday.
I think the key to success - it is patience.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty games change my play, due to I might over play a hand I usually wouldn't verses a smaller stack knowing I have them covered. I believe the table plays a lot looser in reguards to there hand ranges in certain spots. With everyone trying to get the knock out cash. If its a six handed bounty game you will get some big stacks that basicly call with any two cards trying to get that knock out cash. I raise more preflop and bet bigger on flops trying to get that bounty. I play hands that I normally wouldn't play.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it is best to open up the range of hands especially if there Bountys at stake