amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started my challange on FullTilt.
My account was 0,00$ and 0 FTP points.
I played 2 CC freeroll and i was ITM all time. My prize was 4$ and 2,2$. :)

6,6$ i play sng and tournamet and i will my accont to grow up.
I will write what is my results.
I start with NL 1$+0,20 not turbo, 18 and 27 players Sng. These good because bigger prize. Avarage players very weak (limp with KK, call raise with K5 off suited on middle position and etc.:D fish paradise). Just little long time tour.
I start my Iron Man.
2 days played = 21,79$ and 36,02 FTP.

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you hit silver star it is realy worth the extra effort to go for gold. The difference in those 2 is reasonable to accomplish.

But one step at a time - good luck with your goals!

Yea, I really didn't play anywhere near enough at the 3$ level to make silverstar but I'm playing a lot more volume so far at 5$ and should make silver in no time provided I don't get too distracted with summer school.

But I played a ton more than I do normally yesterday and still only made like 77 FPP so i doubt I'll get gold

Last edited by a moderator:
arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals:

1) Stop playing $3 KO donkaments.
2) Drop back to $1 MTT SnG
3) Stop the bleeding. (Downswing over $60 in May)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG the back side of variance is killing me! I've played 14 games and lost 13 of them. Sometimes I really hate this game!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG the back side of variance is killing me! I've played 14 games and lost 13 of them. Sometimes I really hate this game!
Common man. That is hardly anything to get upset at. You are playing sngs and mtts, what do you expect? Just a standard semi bad day.

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude, my games over the last 2 days have been so bad too...

A lot of big pairs getting cracked by their over card or under pairs making sets

Hopefully it shifts for us both

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Common man. That is hardly anything to get upset at. You are playing sngs and mtts, what do you expect? Just a standard semi bad day.

Oh, I know.:) It just sucks and I refuse to keep sticking games up there when I feel like I'm tilting so I thought I'd post something on here letting people how bad I sucks!:p

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys were running like god earlier this week, you can't get discouraged/upset when you start losing, Best advice is to keep reviewing your games, study and keep getting better. If you let your game go stagnant your bound to wind up losing in the long run, or making slightly less profit, or not be able to move up in stakes. keep reviewing/posing hands here will help too.

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't run like god. God runs like me.

lol at this point its becoming more of a "yep, he's gonna hit that 3 outter... and there it is." Type of apathy.

But I am also playing a wee bit worse, I'm allowing myself to get trapped by being overly aggressive (check raises and wotnot) so that I don't get called and sucked out on.

also WiZZiM I wanna know the answer to that other thread.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I know Wizzim. But can't I just complain a teeny weeny bit when I'm runnin' bad?:p

And it's kinda funny that once my luck adjusted line hit my regular line again, I started running a little better. I know it's just variance taking it's normal toll, but it still sucks.:)

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What What! The BR just broke 500$!

From 10$ to 517$ all in less than a month in half playin only SnGs... I'm so proud of myself!

Also HEM only shows me up 437 then I got 50 from being 8th on that one leader board, so that means over 210ish tournies I'm up an additional 30$ in bounties.

Milestone!

Also I dabbeled in the 10$ games today and did not do too horrible, but there is a subtle shift in how I need to play differently.

(Also this is my 100th post)

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats jasdell! Both milestones are meant to have a celebration!!!!

:party::party:

Nice work.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good job jasdell! Be careful in those $11's and use sharkscope so you know who you are up against.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't using sharkscope during play against terms and conditions of most poker sites?

You can now put notes on players in the lobby. So if I see someone on multiple tables I look them up and add the notes before the game starts. There are a lot of regs good and bad. While you are playing you can make notes of who to search and then add the notes when you see them next.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone!

Soooo, I've decided to join the dark side over here, from cash to sng's! HU SnG's in particular... they seem to be a good fit for the time being. If anyone has advice or help in the mean time, please let me know!

May Results weren't that great. Took a shot at $10 HU SnG's at the beginning of the month only to take a quick nose dive...spent the rest of the month crawling my way back up at the $5's.

June Goals:

-Play 50+ HU STT's (probably laughable compared to what most of you could play!)

-Post 5 hands on CC

Easy enough. Later!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got accepted for a coaching deal through a new coach at Team Moshman. His name is Bill Thompson and I guess Collin is giving him a few of the lower stakes SnG players to get him some experience. He posted on DTB and I PM'd him and he told me to apply. I just got my email today saying I was accepted.

I've never had a coach before and I think this is going to do me a ton of good in every aspect of SnG's. Plus, with the "introductory" rate, it's not going to kill my b/r and will give me a good idea of what to expect when I decide I might want to spend $50-100 per hour on a coach.:eek::eek::eek:

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!

Soooo, I've decided to join the dark side over here, from cash to sng's! HU SnG's in particular...

HU SnG's are not the dark side because HU SnG's are not really SnGs. When you play HU, cEV = $EV, so it's a lot more similar to cash than tournaments.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU SnG's are dark side because HU SnG's are not really SnGs. When you play HU, cEV = $EV, so it's a lot more similar to cash than tournaments.

Since I like to dabble in the "dark side" a little, can you explain that more? What is "cEV"?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I like to dabble in the "dark side" a little, can you explain that more? What is "cEV"?

cEV is used to calculate how many chips you will win/lose in the long run. However, in STT's and MTT's, chips do not directly translate to dollar amounts the same way they do in cash games. What we really want to know is how much money each of our chips is worth, so we use $EV instead to make our decisions, which can be determined with ICM.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say, raise/calling the BB is fine in that spot. Since our std raise is like 500, were priced in to call a shove. obviously folding to the SB. But with reads given, i feel like raising with A6s is fine

Okay, that's kind of what I thought. Since we will be priced in to call any 3-bet, what do we want the bottom of our range to be when we steal in this spot?

I hope this question makes sense lol.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cEV is used to calculate how many chips you will win/lose in the long run. However, in STT's and MTT's, chips do not directly translate to dollar amounts the same way they do in cash games. What we really want to know is how much money each of our chips is worth, so we use $EV instead to make our decisions, which can be determined with ICM.

For example, it is better to have 2 stacks of 1000 than 1 stack of 2000. What this means is you should be less willing to take risks. Also, it is always good for other players to get knocked out.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, how much our stack of chips is worth directly proportional to the prize pool.

We use $EV when talking about 9 man sng's,

We use Cev when talking about MTT, or heads up(anything, sng's whatever)

We use $Ev in MTT only on final table pretty much.

Handy to know the following if you want to review a hand, say in a MTT, you will now know to use Cev. etc

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, that's kind of what I thought. Since we will be priced in to call any 3-bet, what do we want the bottom of our range to be when we steal in this spot?

I hope this question makes sense lol.
A6s is getting close to my bottom range, any pair, Some decent broadway, KQS etc. A6s is probably a little thin, but with reads given im fine with it. We want mostly stuff thats obviously ahead of his range, since he will be reshoving kinda light, QJs. So our range is kinda tightish here.