***Jolly January's Tournament Thread***

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's not, this is the tournament thread. Sadly I have no idea as to an answer. Maybe Tournament Edge would be worth a look?

tournament edge is good for MTT, but wouldnt recommend it for hypers or anything less than 180 sng's

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played two zoom tourneys on stars, bubbled both in near identical ways.

First one, UTG and UTG+1 limp pre 15bb and 30bb deep respectively, I check from the bb with 72o 15bb deep, flop comes Th7h2x. I bet out 1/3rd of the pot, both call. Turn comes 7d, I check, UTG shoves, UTG+1 calls, I call. UTG shows AA and UTG+1 shows KK, river comes A, gg.

Second one, I have 32o in the bb, CO shoves 1.1bb, button calls I call as well. Flop comes 32Kr. I donk again, button raises, I jam. Turn comes 3, river is a 4, button shows pocket 4's for the nut full.

Like the structure. Small prize pool but because its turbo and because most of the players suck the bubble pops fairly quickly. Only problem is I can't seem to get my hud to work properly with the zoom table.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New year, new goals.

Frankly no goals, but hopefully I can make a smashing comeback this year :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUDs never worked good with Rush, not surprised if its the same with zoom.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Which training site is best for sng vids, turbo's and hyper?
I have no idea which site would be best for 'hypers'.
I know of some decent ones for sng's, turbo & reg. STT but have never checked into vids. for 'hyper' format.
For anyone looking into SNG vids. > Matt Meo (Glitr) puts out some great stuff! (& is an excellent coach)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy New Year everyone. I had a pretty good December so hoping to just play well and make some final tables this month. Got ~$500 worth of MiniFTOPS tickets (sat frezys ftw) so looking forward to playing those.

Goals: Silver Star on PS and maintain Gold Edge status on FT.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm off to play a few tournaments. Good luck to me :D

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Planning a BIG day on FT! Need to get my average $200 BR up to serious amount of wongaaaaa. Going to be playing quite a few tourneys so if anyone fancies rallying me and giving me some support, feel free :) My FT name is Tom Goldberg!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shipped a 180man $15, not the biggest score in the world but not coming 6th-50th is nice

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea which site would be best for 'hypers'.
I know of some decent ones for sng's, turbo & reg. STT but have never checked into vids. for 'hyper' format.
For anyone looking into SNG vids. > Matt Meo (Glitr) puts out some great stuff! (& is an excellent coach)

Cheers dude.

shipped a 180man $15, not the biggest score in the world but not coming 6th-50th is nice

Nice one mate, congrats.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
been pretty break even for a while, so like 2-3k

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
railed my g/f in the MiniFtops#1 for awhile yesterday - she was in top10 with 400 players left but ended up going out in 212th :( Was exciting for awhile there.
Handful of small cashes for me yesterday ($10 buyins, final 30-50 places sorta thing) 2x 2nd in small field priv. stuff (CC Stars for one), and only one I went deep in was a $2.75 $4k on Stars I entered on a whim (while railing miniF). 9hrs. later went out in 4th (BvB 3bai 20bb's JJ < KQ). If I win that flip.. 'woulda' been CL final 3 :( Oh well, got myself another 30buyins for the Sun.Storm, lol.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played some sng's today, ran hot as the sun coming second in 4/5, but it was kinda fun.

How many do people play per month on avg for decent volume? Like 500+?

I'd play them but I think I could only manage around 300-400 per month and that seems like not a lot :/

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played some sng's today, ran hot as the sun coming second in 4/5, but it was kinda fun.

How many do people play per month on avg for decent volume? Like 500+?

I'd play them but I think I could only manage around 300-400 per month and that seems like not a lot :/

depends on how many tables you play. 15 tabling you should be able to get 100 in per day.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for like 2hrs max per day I'd say, so don't think I could get 100 in, if 10 tabling, possibly 20 :/

I only played 5 at once earlier, but getting down to the last 4/5 in 4 of them got a bit hectic. Would you play them in sets of 15, or 15 at a time contiously? Seems like sets would be the easiest as your not going to be too stretched out when it comes to blind levels, but volume would obv be higher playing continuous.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I much rather play in sets, I think when I'm playing all different blind levels and am trying to reg games at the same time, I'm not really focusing. Plus it means by the time you get down to the bubble, you have a few less so you can focus.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just realised that I can now get forum while out and about on my new phone, lurking is gon be intense

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone interested in buying a Sunday Storm ticket for 10.90? :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you play them in sets of 15, or 15 at a time contiously? Seems like sets would be the easiest as your not going to be too stretched out when it comes to blind levels, but volume would obv be higher playing continuous.

I much rather play in sets, I think when I'm playing all different blind levels and am trying to reg games at the same time, I'm not really focusing. Plus it means by the time you get down to the bubble, you have a few less so you can focus.

When I was grinding SNGs, I found sets were preferable to keeping a constant amount going. For all the reasons you both state plus it added less stress trying to get to the lobby to open another game. I couldn't use any of the table opening tools as I mixed 18 & 27 man SNGs at $5 $10. Also for a fixed amount of playing time like your 2 hours you can manually add more games late in a set if you estimate you'll have time before your playing time expires.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my tournaments lately make me feel like I droped the soap in the prison shower

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Binked the Wed night $45 tournament for $430 at the Poker Club!!!

J

Justinawe12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just picked up a seat to the Beast 75K this Sunday through a $7 satty, pretty sweet. Sunday will be a pretty big day as far as tournies go. Already got the #1 event for OSS lined up, still trying to get a seat to the 100k through satelliting in. Also got the Bovada 100k, so hopefully that runs well. If I manage to run deep in any of these events I'll be sure to let you guys know. Wish me luck! :D

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wish i was doing the shoving, wouldnt hurt as bad

nah, just stupid badbeats deep in, ready to all or nothing my rolls again, eeek