***Jolly January's Tournament Thread***

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Month and a new year. Happy New Year to you all, hopefully you've overcome the hangovers and are ready for a new fresh start! I'm planning on putting in some solid volume and grinding the 45s on Stars on the On Demand's on FTP at the beginning and end of the month.

Make sure you all check out the awesome promo to win a free copy of PT4, there are 2 being given away.

Good luck at the tables lads and ladies!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mini-Ftops running this month, starting this coming Sunday with the MiniFtops#1 $22 buyin, 'multi-entry' nlhe $300k Gtd., runs til' Sun. Jan.20th with the MainEvent being a $75 buyin, 'multi-entry' $750k Gtd.
Not too many regular nlhe events in the schedule.

ACR has the OSSII events starting on Sun. Jan. 13th with Event #1 being a $3 buyin with $2,000 gtd. prizepool.

pokerstars has the TCOOP series running in January as well.

Lots of oppurtunity to pick up a good score!!

gl gl

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ACR tourney series runs on Black Chip too now?

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just happy to have some bankroll to finally do some real grinding this month! I'll be playing on MERGE and trying to do as many of the sunday guar. events as possible! Looking forward to a successful NEW YEAR! Good luck to everyone and see you at the tables hopefully!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mixing cash and mtts this month, so far going good.
happy new year to all!

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In. Looking to be up to the 7.00's by the end of the month.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
won a free entry into a 3500euro guaranteed mtt, just finished 23 out of 499 for 40 euros. Im happy with that.nice start to the year

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played a UK&ireland game on stars; finished for £27,00.

Good start in regards to new year & my MTT sgames.

Hoping to be well on my way to building a BR for the $7.00 SnG Hypers by the end of the month and putting in 5000 games this month fingers crossed.

GL all, hope you had a good new year.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Boy do I miss poker stars.

Playing some MTT's on Carbon. up to $5.50 buy in. Playing on juicy stakes also, Same buy ins. Have been having mixed results on JS but I am still ahead on Carbon by alot. Not doing so hot today though.

May try my hand at those games on Black Chip starting the 13th.

Good luck all

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boy do I miss Poker Stars.

Playing some MTT's on Carbon. up to $5.50 buy in. Playing on Juicy Stakes also, Same buy ins. Have been having mixed results on JS but I am still ahead on Carbon by alot. Not doing so hot today though.

May try my hand at those games on Black Chip starting the 13th.

Good luck all

I could actually how bad it would be if pokerstars was no longer available to moi. I just don't get into the "vibe" of playing on other sites.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subscribing sattied into a couple of Mini-FTops good luck all happy new year

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which training site is best for sng vids, turbo's and hyper?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Jag you're in the wrong thread lol. But I'd be interested in any answers to your question.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I've used dragthebar once before; although I only ever watched one SNG, the rest were cash.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jag you're in the wrong thread lol. But I'd be interested in any answers to your question.

He's not, this is the tournament thread. Sadly I have no idea as to an answer. Maybe Tournament Edge would be worth a look?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

deuces cracked has two 180 man series that are really good. also hitchhikers sng series.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have a $100 tournament this Sunday at the Poker Club and a $250+$25 bounty tournament up in Corning on the next Saturday. Looking to start the year out right.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's not, this is the tournament thread. Sadly I have no idea as to an answer. Maybe Tournament Edge would be worth a look?

no I meant he normally hangs out in the cash thread as do I.

S

stubbie32

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off to a good stat played the $2 1r 1a on stars 4K guaranteed finished 6th for $174.88. Nice ROI to start the year mind you i wasnt too happy with last hand got it all in with AJ v A5 flop was 48J turn a 6 and the river a 7 of course!!!!!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll check out DC again and see what they've got. Cheers guys.

Are Hyper's kind of frowned upon in here, bit like CAP gaimes in the cash thread, seems like not many guys here play them except Ram?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't say frowned upon, just think they don't happen to be played by many people.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance in Hypers is brutal and that turns off a lot of players.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll check out DC again and see what they've got. Cheers guys.

Are Hyper's kind of frowned upon in here, bit like CAP gaimes in the cash thread, seems like not many guys here play them except Ram?

The variance is really high which means you need a larger roll than most people here want to use. Atm I'm grinding mttsng's at a 50BI rule, but I wouldn't ever do that playing hypers.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happy new yr and gl to all of you
Im hoping for extended time off work and get some real grinding down (if family permits)
dunno why Ive never visited these monthly tourny threads much, will do more so this yr

i mainly play tournies on stars(and carbon) cuz sites like party,and titan never seem to have much going on in my peak hrs-so I mostly just play cash at them (4-10bi - which usually kills my BR-i play out of my limit lots)

my real goal is to up my BR on stars (and ftp) through stt and mtts
tho I have money my ROI is negetive, dunno how that works- (private games and freerolls maybe?)
Im doing quite well on carbons tournies and am going to try and get much more volume there as possible too
all my other sites with small rolls I just want to all or nothing it, barely play some of those sites anyways, and dont care much about the $$$ either...

so wishing you all luck this month (and yr)

and a congrats to stubbie on his win (Ive seen you win a few good games for sure- many more upcoming I know)
gonna go win some now!!!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I hate tournies
late night just a few games for me,
had 2 $3.30s- party and stars and a 5.50 on carbon going

carbon- go out near bubble when as bb, theres folds around sb who shoves AJ (bit larger stack- I was pretty shortstacked) and my AQ loses

party- deeped in, Im shorter stack (again - obvious something wrong with my game) and my 3bet shove to the 1 guy left results in my 88<22

stars- gonna look at that history, sure it sucked too

am just popping back in as I hope to make it a habit, focus more on my game, and hopefully learn how to post HHs properly, ask the right questions, and take my game up a notch

and a big hello and happy belated new yrs to you all, best O luck on your games,
and hopefully get to know you all better

hope im not ranting, sleep deprived now I think
gn