JohnBoyWWFC's Summer Tourney Grind thread

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I played really well today and made some deep runs but again nothing big came of it. But a $$$ day is the right direction. Also been playing some turbo 6m S&Gs and that's gone well. Will play some more of them tomorrow morning before my 3 day hiatus :)

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really sure what to do atm. Keep playing good, going on a good run then bust in spectacular fashion. Got down to the last 300 of the Big 5.50 today and lose AK to AQ for a top 10 chip spot, it's just so tilting. Earlier today in the MTOPS, last 100 or so, get 88 in on 8QT v AQ and it comes K J. I'm down like 2k in 3 weeks and haven't hit a final table for the last 10 days or so. Confidence is gone, feel like I must be doing something spectacularly wrong to be this much down.

Your an experienced player (joined cc 2010) and down 2k in 3 weeks, i feel your pain, u wanted to go on a holiday and i went over some of your hands, full houses being cracked by quad kings, trips being cracked by straights etc., really u did nothing wrong in those hands, any sensible person would bet that full house and lose to those quads. You are also young and have your whole life ahead of you. I would suggest you concentrate and focus on your career/ job and play poker for fun on the side (if at all). Finding the right job/ career is another big challenge in todays world, i wish you luck on your journey.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The career is something I'll be focusing on once I've finished my degree in a year.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll do some sweats with you Johnny if you want, or get a group going like you say let me know. I'm kinda stuck at the moment to.

Gl turning it around.

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck man. in a similar situation where i am off for 3 months or so during the Summer, i am up so far but done crap the last couple of days and still feeling a bit tilted from the past few days haha.
just keep grinding though, once you get one good result the others will start coming thick and fast. gl!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll do some sweats with you Johnny if you want, or get a group going like you say let me know. I'm kinda stuck at the moment to.

Gl turning it around.

This sounds like a good idea.

John I know that you are a very good player and your thinking about the game impresses me.

I have seen and read many times about people in your position and it can be brutal on your mindset when you go through a downswing, people have tilted more for a lesser downswing and people have gone through months and months of playing solid poker and evaluation and study and still have lost a lot more money than you have,

Its all relative and for me one of the biggest challenges is keeping a good mind set and staying true to your strengths while you play what is proven correct poker yet you are getting smashed like a dinner set at a greek wedding time and again.

Also I see the thinking about not going to win 2k in 6 man games but there are advantages with lesser swings in theory but that not so relevant because I know your a good mtt player and that's what you like to play.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well guys, I had a breakeven day today thanks to a top 65 finish in the Big $22 worth just over $100 and a final 2 tables finish in an $8.80. Not a bad start to the weekend and I have one tournament left over on FTP. Here's hoping I bink that and then crush the MTOPS main tomorrow :) Playing a few 6m turbos S&Gs too whilst I finish my sesh so lets hope they go well.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just has a good chat with my backer about sticking to a settled schedule and working my way out of this hole. This is the schedule I'm gonna try and play:

site: games, buyins, abi

stars: 26, 263.95, 10.16
big 5.50 20k
5 2r1a 5k
2r 8k
2r 8k
11 3k
big 8.80 25k
5 2r1a 5k
2.20 turbo 5k
2r 2xturbo 9k
big 22 50k
2.70 ko turbo 7.5k
hot 11 25k
5.40 ko turbo 10k
5.50 5k
22 12k
1.35 ko turbo 7k
11 3k
hot 16.50 25k
22 6max 500cap 4k
2.20 turbo 10k
big 11 60k
1r 3xturbo 60k
13.50 ko 8k

2.70 ko turbo 7.5k
5.50 turbo 10k
5.40 ko turbo 10k

Plus a couple FTP ones, probably the $11 $5k Superstack and the 1Up tournament. Hoping things turn around soon :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda neglected this a bit. Played a small schedule today and got tilted so just decided to finish the 4 I had running and take a break and maybe reg the turbos at the end of my sched. But, as all good plans do, that one failed since I got to the last 30 of the early $2r which meant I didn't get a break so regged those turbos and then carried on running bad.

These are the kinda hands that hurt most, those big flips when this happens
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/3736891_D2D345DEA8

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hang in there bro. The variance will turn your way soon enough. Good luck and keep on grinding.

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So what is the final score of all this tournaments? Do you earn some good money for holiday?

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck, seems a very good schedule, like it.
About the runbad, I hear you, I've gone a lot below EV this month too, due to bad beats, suck outs, or just running into monsters.. I hope it turns around for everyone, who deserves it :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8/92 in an $11 with $1k up top, as well as nice stacks in a $13.50 KO and a $2.70 Turbo KO. Hopefully tonight is the night things turn around.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've HIT A FINAL TABLE!!! $1k up top, 9 left. PLEASE PS

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gl mate, you deserve to take one down. Go go.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
john you the MTT master. you got this man.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unbelievably tilted. Thought tonight was the night I was gonna get out of it. Making that FT and had stacks in other things and was playing really good imo and then the run on the final table to bust 7th and then in my final tournament, in the last 150 or so out of about 9000 runners, with 13k up top and some guy just calls a 3b with 22 and open jams on the A34 flop and rivers his 5 for a huge pot. Just too sick. So just gotta do it all again tomorrow. Got my confidence back but losing motivation.