S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Course is? More than 4 hours of work and your pay is 1 dollar, doesn't it seem like slave labor to you?
You didnt work for 4 hours, you played a game for 4 hours :p

If you have fun playing the game then it's ok.

Though I do tend to agree that some freerolls take up too much time for the amount you can win. So as others have said stick to the better structured freerolls, e.g. CC platinum events. I tend not to bother with the bronze events these days.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Course is? More than 4 hours of work and your pay is 1 dollar, doesn't it seem like slave labor to you?

Your priorities are all wrong. I thought you wanted to be a Pro?

The time invested is wasted if you are chasing a $1, they're all doing that.

CC freerolls are more valuable than the dollars. What other arena offers you the same players over and over again to study ...free of charge !

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
A picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll give you a tip here: Look at the time I stayed in the tournament and the prize I won.

The time factor is secondary in freerolls. A chance to win without additional use is the decisive factor. How else can you do something for the growth of the bankroll just with time commitment.
Better $1 after 4 hours than ending up as the bubble boy in a $10 tournament after 4 hours.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This sums it up pretty well.

I stopped playing the Bronze freerolls for exactly this reason and also most public freerolls are a waste of time.

Just concentrate on the ones you consider worth your time and leave out the rest. 🙂
Another thing to consider is, that freerolls are MTTs, so if you are an MTT player, they are pretty easy to fit into your schedule. You basically just play one less regular MTT and then play the freeroll instead. However if you are a SnG or cash game player, maybe its best to just focus on that format and forget all about freerolls, if you are a winning player, who dont need freeroll cashes to build up your bankroll.

When I was playing on the danish 888 poker site, they had some "hand of the day" promotion, where you would win tickets for a daily freeroll. It was a pretty good freeroll, and if I remember correctly, I cashed for more than 100$ in one of them. But to get those tickets, I had to play cash games, and to get this done as fast as possible, I mostly played 5NL SNAP, which is similar to pokerstars ZOOM. And in those games I pretty much lost, what I won in the freerolls. Plus it took up time, which I could have spend playing regular tournaments.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes. Some are very dangerous.

They don't raise the pocket kings and slow play their quads. 🤣

See Eduard....and it didn't cost him a penny!

In a game of open shove burglary....some players leave their house open, and hide behind the front door with a big hammer.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I hope this post generates hundreds of comments, think with great affection and if you can, leave your opinion here.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll give you a tip here: Look at the time I stayed in the tournament and the prize I won.
If you like what you doing , is worth no matter how much money you earn. Some thing can be measured with money.

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freerolls are worth to make a bankroll without deposit ,after you make a bankroll for 2-3$ tournaments you can mix with some good freerolls i think . Btw if you love to play this game prize is not the most important thing.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There used to be a weekly freerol on PokerStars with a maximum of 40k players and this freerol was always full within a few minutes. I always wanted to play this but sometimes it filled up so quickly that I didn't manage to play it. There was no money to win in this freerol, but tickets and yet it was very popular. I don't know what kind of tickets it was anymore, but I only made it 2 or 3 times myself. Winning wasn't that important for me either, just that I improve my game and learn to be patient. Whether it makes sense to play freerols depends less on what you can win but with your own personal expectations from the game. I've already sat in a freerol like this for over 7 hours or more and I enjoyed it until the end.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have not read the other responses BUT yes, I do believe it is very worth it.
I really wanted to learn how to play poker. I love card games and always enjoy playing with friends. I was poking around pokerstars and saw CC's freerolls. I googled CC, signed up and was super pumped. Covid had just hit and I found what I wanted to spend my time on.
I played every day, notes after notes for over two years and really worked on perfecting my game.
I could have just added money, but what would I have really learned? I made myself get good with a regular bunch of people, not thousands of randoms. I had to fight everyday rarely ever getting a dollar.
NOW here I am almost three years later and I have money always on all my accts. I win tickets in main events. I have more experience than I ever dreamed of and MOST of all some really amazing people have entered my life.
So it is not just any freerolls, it is the CC freerolls and I am forever grateful on so many levels <3

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a huge difference in freerolls. Some are not worth the time and some you are crazy not to enter them. An example of the latter is the one on ACR today where there are 6 streamers all with 1000 dollar bounties on their heads and the rebuy bounties are also live (up to 5 bounties per streamer). In addition to the bounties the regular prize pool will be around 7000 I believe. So lets say there is an average of 4 live bullets fired per streamer and 4000 players enter if we do the math that is an equity of 7.75 dollars per player!
Now let us compare that with the tourney example you have shown. I cant see exactly how many players entered but i am guessing around 3000 so with a prize pool of 100 dollars that would be an equity of 3 cents per player.
So there is money to be won playing freerolls but you really do have to pick and choose and spend your time wisely

Last edited:
Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Without a doubt... thanks to the freerolls offered by this wonderful community I have been able to build my bankrolls and the most important thing is that I have improved my game a lot

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I you focus on how to win some amount of cash quickly, freerolls are not for you. I play freerolls mainly and i earned over 1k$ but i spend lot of time to earn this.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bronze level is just like a taste of the soup, you know only a spoon from it. Many times even the password is shared, because pretty new faces appear and they don't know or don't even care our rules and etiquettes. The CC freerolls blind structure is not fore 1K people, its about 2-3 hundreds. So to be able to maintain a great game and a bigger chance ( not mentioning all the other, rewardable stuffs at the forum ), you may want to step up to Platinum. All the bronze players may want to reach higher promotions and appreciation so that's a great way to them to took the first steps by these freerolls.

I wanna say also that CC platinum payouts according to micro level payouts & number of players is competitive, it hits 1.1$ and 2.2$ level time to time.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I'm wasting my time on freerolls. It's not always possible to get a good prize at freerolls. But on the other hand, I don't spend my money. I'm happy with what I've got with the freeroll. If you're not happy with freerolls, don't play them.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course, here you can accumulate start-up capital in order to play poker already for money and not to get used to your hard-earned money)

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
These tournaments are to help you with your funds, not to make you a millionaire. Anyway, I think that tournaments are too structured for the prizes they give.

Freeroll Passwords