Is it profitable to play rebuy tournaments?

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They've been very profitable for me and I've had pretty consistent success with them. You have to understand that rebuys are part of the strategy and the tournament doesn't really begin until the add-on phase is complete. At that point you're playing deep stacks with around half the field eliminated and usually only have to outlast 25% of the remaining field to reach the money.

Hope this helps.

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a difficult question, because for me, the tournament itself plays an important role first of all.Even participating in such events, I prefer not to rebuy.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like rebay. I try not to play such tournaments. Early stage is worse than Freeroll

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy never happen

I never re-buy, lick my wounds and walk. Why bother losing twice, what are the odds. Slim to none, I just move on as there is always tomorrow. If you are trying to get in a .55 or 1.10 for a nickel maybe, other then that I will not feed the chicken. Capo1014

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some players, rebuy provides additional responsibility and burden. I don't like tournaments like this, because it's a chance to come back for players who are out and can knock you out. I spoke with players who said that if there is a chance to return to the tournament I will be very gambling and can lose a lot of money if I make many attempts to return, I think there is truth in these words. I will play a tournament with rebuys this is not a problem, but I will never use an attempt to return to the tournament. this is my principle! :) good luck ;)

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, it’s good because it increases the total prize pool. Secondly, this is a good chance for you as a player after an error or bad all-in. Thirdly, it makes the game more interesting as you re-play with the people you knocked out and you can use their wrong strategy again! :D:D:D

But it is worth remembering that for such tournaments it is better to pre-allocate the amount of your money for rebuys and not go beyond it area, hoping to recoup. I hope that you will see in this an opportunity to increase the total prize pool, and not the unfair structure of prize payments :)

A

antoniogtp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
profitability of rebuy tournaments

For me rebuy tournaments have been really unprofitable... I tend to play looser because I can rebuy and end up rebuying a lot and losing significant bankroll... I prefer freezeout tournaments. Well now most tournaments at pokerstars come with reentry. I do not think this is good because one can lose up to 3 buy ins in a single tournament and if one just cashes the minimum amount in a tournament that one reenters two times one ends up losing more than a buy in...

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strange some rebuy. Usually rebuy is proportional to the initial stack and BB, or in the case of double rebuy I get 2 x initial chips. In your case, something incomprehensible. If you make the right decisions, then rebuy will help when you have a Bad Beat, and if you get an adequate stack to continue the game, about 30-40BB

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Profit, maybe, too much time definitely.

I don't see much profit in re-buying; it is easy money for the site. Main reason to avoid is the time. You are used to normal tourney, takes a long time, but is it a steady decline, fewer and fewer. With rebuy, the players never go away, it seems. The frustration, time-wise makes me shove-happy; something I should avoid.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate rebuys, for all the reasons mentioned already.
The worst is freerolls with rebuys, like bankroll mob freerolls. The rebuys are often more than the prize money unless you get into the final table. It always amazes me to see how many people fall for this when there are hundreds or even thousands of people playing in the game still.