cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting,,,,,completely insane,,,,but interesting:rolleyes:

The term "reverse bluff" was not invented by me.
Reverse bluffing is the opposite of a bluff, a check (slowplay) with a very strong hand. A reverse bluff, if successful, causes your opponent to bet against himself. The main thing - in time to use the check-raise ;)! Good luck at the tables!

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello if you are looking for good bluff, you can do it in all tournaments but you have to keep in mind that they have to do in important stages since the players take more care of their chips and they will not equal an aggressive bet on your part, but they will do Fold, as you do not want to lose your chips unnecessarily is the thinking of many players, and on the contrary you will also find those who put almost all their chips at risk believing they are at a table with passive players who did not match a strong bet , If you notice that in a moment someone is bluffing your response should be much more aggressive so our opponent will believe that we have a monster hand that can not overcome and end up giving up the pot, this should be done in tournament phases where you see that they have Afraid of losing his chips. I hope you serve, good luck at the tables.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can not bluff, then you need to learn better how to do it. As correctly stated that the poker game --- it is a bluff. but not allways))))
If you want to learn how to bluff, you should see a number of courses, and start practicing in this.:D

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must learn to bluff from time to time

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play any games. Not restricted to play certain games just cause u cant bluff. Bluffing is a skill u learn as u go along only to be used in rare instances. So u can go and play ur solid "non bluffing" game in any session u would like. What i would say u might find games that u have a preference for. Maybe cash over tournament or vice versa. Find what suits u and play it. gl sir

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on the amount of bankroll and the modality in which you play well, the mtt tournaments or the KO are very good

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are great to practice. It might help to not think of it as a bluff. Think of it as a probe bet to get information or a continuation to protect your hand from drawing hands.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
try to become friends with a Brazilian or Russian agro player and let them teach you the fine art of bluffing. They are very good at it

theman2017

theman2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a bluffer

yeah hyper turbo stuff you have to be able to bluff someone off better hands as you won't get enough premium hands to keep your stack from bleeding away from the blinds. Stealing blinds with weaker hands and pushing people off better hands on good runouts that hit your perceived range hard is a must to stay alive in a hyper turbo.

Yes, I totally agree Even some of the turbo stuff, you need to be able to make some big bluffing moves. depending on how fast it is. some turbo games go fast if you don't bluff and you are a tight player long blinds are better for you.

theman2017

theman2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
catch a bluffer in the act

try to become friends with a Brazilian or Russian agro player and let them teach you the fine art of bluffing. They are very good at it

I love catching them bluffing, Especially calling with ace high. but you need to know they are bluffing

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not using a bluff in poker, then I suggest to use a reverse bluff. For example: you have a pair of kings, and the flop came AK7 rainbow. You assume that the opponent has collected a pair of aces or even two pair - aces and kings. At the moment you have more than a strong hand – set in poker. If you force your opponent to think that you're bluffing, you will earn a large amount of chips.

This method can be very profitable indeed, but either you should have very loose aggressive image at the table, or your opponent should be very aggro, or you are playing high stakes, where the mind games like "i know, that he knows what i know about what he knows about me" starts on. :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not like or do not know how or just don't want to bluff, you will approach discipline in which he plays a major role such as spin&go, limited cache.

P

parakon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.It is my thought.

You participate in the same tournament repeatedly.
The kind doesn't matter.

I recommended Sit & Go or MTT.
I do'nt recommend cash game.(Like zoom).

It is important how you see it from other players.
The important thing is
it does not matter for honest me to decide that yourself do not work as Bluff.

From the player who met for the first time and
it was said that "I didn't donk bet. My big bet means nuts hand."
Do you believe these my words?

If it declared "I'm not a big bluffer", it is one to make it the tactics.
When some opponents does not think so, your words don't have a meaning.

I don't usually work as bluff, too. I'm Nit.
Therefore it does not come out in the place that I sometimes did.

Play same tournament and meet same players.
It is one opinion. Sorry it's hard to understand.

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I'm not a big bluffer at poker"

Then you are not a poker player. Study more to be able to bluff better, and more often. Higher betting frequencies means more +EV spots, and higher betting frequencies means higher bluffing frequencies and higher successful thin value bets frequencies. You win more money from poker with a structured strategy where you have a significant portion of your range betting as a bluff.

If you always bet your good hands, then what happens when you check? Villain can profitably bluff a higher portion of his range than he would against the any other player, and you lose value. You always check your bad hands, what happens when you bet? Villain profitably folds a higher portion of his check/calling range than he would against any other player, and you lose value. You need to balance those things out to be a tougher player, and a more successful one.

Labeling yourself as "not a big bluffer" is just accepting a leak on your game that you shouldn't keep.

On the question, probably the best spot to play a underbluffing strategy is microstakes 90-man (25c) or 180-man ($1) SnG on pokerstars or microstakes MTTs in party poker, or microstakes Zoom Cash Games (or similar). There, less people is paying attention to your frequencies and these strategy flaws get overlooked.

Last edited:
P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys

I'm not a big bluffer at poker , what types of games or tournaments do you recommend ?

All of them. But make sure you're in my games. you'll be so easy to read...
:D

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not very big on bluffing either, especially at the micros or 1/2 live as most players don't understand what you're trying to rep and will call you down. But again, depends on opponents, if you get the sense that a particular villain is somewhat of a thinking player, you can pull bluffs off successfully on them on boards that you can rep something scary.

It's important to note that even if I or others don't consider bluffing with air to be crucial to poker success (note that semi bluffs can and should be utilized as needed as well as C-bet bluffs and semi bluffs on certain boards) we still need to understand it. Why? Because the quality and overall skill level of players, even at $2 and $5NL and at micro tourneys has increased exponentially in the past few years so we must understand when they are trying to bluff with air and why, does it make sense that they're making this bet? For even if we personally don't bluff with air a lot, we need to understand how and why that play functions so we can make informed calls and raises as needed.

I also think bluffing is more important in MTTs and various tournaments especially in late position on scary boards where most players are limping because we must continue to accumulate chips to survive the increasing blinds and antes. In cash games bluffs can and do work and I do occasionally bluff in cash games against villains I see as thinking players who can see the board, read the board, and get stuck wondering if I caught my draw or if my 2P is still good against their missed draw. But for tournaments I definitely think bluffing needs to be utilized more to accumulate more chips against rising blinds, again against players who can actually find the ability to fold!

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and any tourney with buy in of under 5 dollars. I find a lot of curious calling station type players that make your straight forward style profitable in those games. You will be exploited in games with higher buy ins

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not like to bluff, and prefer a solid style of play, then you will be satisfied with tournaments with deep initial stacks, and a smooth, not hurried rise in blinds. The more hands you can just let the card wait, the less you need to play bluff. Unfortunately, there are fewer such tournaments and formats in poker. And more and more fleeting, with short stacks, where everything is decided by luck ...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not know where and when to bluff it is better not to use it. I try not to bluff. Is sometimes necessary when the prolonged rate.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I'm not a big bluffer at poker"

Then you are not a poker player. Study more to be able to bluff better, and more often. Higher betting frequencies means more +EV spots, and higher betting frequencies means higher bluffing frequencies and higher successful thin value bets frequencies. You win more money from poker with a structured strategy where you have a significant portion of your range betting as a bluff.

If you always bet your good hands, then what happens when you check? Villain can profitably bluff a higher portion of his range than he would against the any other player, and you lose value. You always check your bad hands, what happens when you bet? Villain profitably folds a higher portion of his check/calling range than he would against any other player, and you lose value. You need to balance those things out to be a tougher player, and a more successful one.

Labeling yourself as "not a big bluffer" is just accepting a leak on your game that you shouldn't keep.

On the question, probably the best spot to play a underbluffing strategy is microstakes 90-man (25c) or 180-man ($1) SnG on Pokerstars or microstakes MTTs in Party Poker, or microstakes Zoom Cash Games (or similar). There, less people is paying attention to your frequencies and these strategy flaws get overlooked.

Very well said!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously doubt it

I agree it an improtant too. i bluff way to much..I only stated that she is new, has not trued bluffin and yes..makes it to FT in the ACR donkfest..doubt away!