I'm not a bluffer

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think pot limit games are for you but also u just have to bluff sometimes :)

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is a must if you're going to play poker for anything more than recreation. Id say play freerolls you can practice bluffing without fear of losing any money. Granted freeroll tournaments are harder to bluff in, but its still possible.

W

wagnert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that you can make money in low stakes single table sit and goes with little to no bluffing.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Orrrrrrrr,,,you can use the double-pump,reverse bluff. It confuses the villain to the point his head explodes! :bom:

W

watplays

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls, and do not bluff these people dont fold. low stakes tourneys pretty much the same as freerolls until the end, and you will have a few lucky people that have no business being there.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lets play Nolimit Holdem Hyper Turbo. No bluff only push/fold

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have no future in poker world if you don't want to learn how to bluff maybe you just play poker for fun..

J

jop0411

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is a huge aspect of bluffing. Also for MTTs and SnGs timing and blind ratio plays a big role. GL Mate (or am I bluffing and actually wishing you bad luck?) ;)

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any tournaments from time to time you need to bluff without it anywhere, you need to change tactics occasionally from conservative poker to aggressive, if you sit on the tilt you will be razed by raises.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I'm not a big bluffer at poker"

Then you are not a poker player. Study more to be able to bluff better, and more often. Higher betting frequencies means more +EV spots, and higher betting frequencies means higher bluffing frequencies and higher successful thin value bets frequencies. You win more money from poker with a structured strategy where you have a significant portion of your range betting as a bluff.

If you always bet your good hands, then what happens when you check? Villain can profitably bluff a higher portion of his range than he would against the any other player, and you lose value. You always check your bad hands, what happens when you bet? Villain profitably folds a higher portion of his check/calling range than he would against any other player, and you lose value. You need to balance those things out to be a tougher player, and a more successful one.

Labeling yourself as "not a big bluffer" is just accepting a leak on your game that you shouldn't keep.

On the question, probably the best spot to play a underbluffing strategy is microstakes 90-man (25c) or 180-man ($1) SnG on Pokerstars or microstakes MTTs in Party Poker, or microstakes Zoom Cash Games (or similar). There, less people is paying attention to your frequencies and these strategy flaws get overlooked.

+1

I'd recommend that you look at some videos on GTO play. You can't play optimally without bluffing some proportion of the time depending on what size you bet.

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to bluff successfully you need to pay attention to your opponent(s) and the board. Is there a flush or a straight or the board and is your opponent betting heavily or just making small bets? If he's just checking or making small bets then chances are he's scared of the board or has a weak hand. This is when you make a medium size bet or raise to see how they respond.

Avoid bluffing with an empty hand though. You'll get called as often as not and if you have a pair or better you might still win the pot.

Don't spend all your chips on a bluff. Sometimes a small to medium bet is all that it takes. If your opponent raises your bet you want to be able to get out cheap.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well igrate big tournaments , or tournaments with deep stacks !!! I think you will do )

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and any tourney with buy in of under 5 dollars. I find a lot of curious calling station type players that make your straight forward style profitable in those games. You will be exploited in games with higher buy ins

I believe that you can make money in low stakes single table sit and goes with little to no bluffing.

+1

So many players in the micros, cash and freerolls atleast in my experience @ partypoker, will call down with 2nd pair/marginal kicker and even 3rd pair. Practicing any kind of bluffing with calling stations like these is a surefire way of busting early. Playing ABC poker actually helps.

"I'm not a big bluffer at poker"

Then you are not a poker player. Study more to be able to bluff better, and more often. Higher betting frequencies means more +EV spots, and higher betting frequencies means higher bluffing frequencies and higher successful thin value bets frequencies. You win more money from poker with a structured strategy where you have a significant portion of your range betting as a bluff.

If you always bet your good hands, then what happens when you check? Villain can profitably bluff a higher portion of his range than he would against the any other player, and you lose value. You always check your bad hands, what happens when you bet? Villain profitably folds a higher portion of his check/calling range than he would against any other player, and you lose value. You need to balance those things out to be a tougher player, and a more successful one.

Labeling yourself as "not a big bluffer" is just accepting a leak on your game that you shouldn't keep.

On the question, probably the best spot to play a underbluffing strategy is microstakes 90-man (25c) or 180-man ($1) SnG on Pokerstars or microstakes MTTs in Party Poker, or microstakes Zoom Cash Games (or similar). There, less people is paying attention to your frequencies and these strategy flaws get overlooked.

+1

Especially when you start experiencing regs and folks who have a fair idea of what you're game is all about.