If you won the WSOP Main Event, would you quit poker or raise the stakes?

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I think very few people would quit poker because of the big winnings, and the rates themselves would be higher - this is how life works, the more money, the more needs

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I already do not have to work.

And why raise the stakes, if I won the main event. If I won $10 million. $9 million would go to investing and $1 million would be my poker bankroll.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably add 10k to my Poker bankroll, the rest would be invested. Since I play Poker for fun and not money, I wouldn't quit.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Нет покер я бы не бросил , играл в свое удовольствие на незначительные байины

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then I would just play poker less often, but in large tournaments and not so often, 1-2 times a week, in tournaments where the entry fee is $ 109-530, I would not play freerolls. ...

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play to high, the money can be gone fast, several main event winners are broke now

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not quit, I play for the challenge and the chance to work at something and improve. Winning the main event would be a nice result, but it's not the impetus for playing.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would quit and enjoy my retirement and do things with all my grandchildren.

I

Ikado21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yessir

I would buy the BBZ apestylesbundle and up the stakes xd

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way I would quit I would just play highs takes cash and probably lose it all lol

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I won the Main Event I would move up in stakes to see what I could do.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Based on a very interesting thread I decided to create this one. The original is 'If you won the lottery, would you quit your job??? Why or why not?'. Thanks to @RiverLord90 who made it.

My ideia with this thread is to understand the motivation of you guys when it comes to play the poker game. Is about passion? Is about fun? About some bucks?

So, If you beat the large Main Event field in the World Series of Poker and put 10 millions in your pocket (no stacking, no backing, just you receiving this incredible prize 100% yours)...

...Would you stop playing poker or raise the stakes?

In my case I have no doubt: raise the stakes every time. ;)

Don't expect that I'd be winning a Main Event, but if I ever did, I don't think I'd change anything about how, when, where, and what I play.

I would, however, treat myself very VERY well.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would pay a coach, to improve my game I would increase the buyn a little more but not much and play less often!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: If I believe that if you would raise the stakes, and if I have a lot of losses, you would lower the limit of bets, and first of all it would help my people here in Venezuela, who need it so much ...

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you win that would be the greatest achievement of your life probably. So enjoy life with your money i would say. And keep playing :)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would play medium stakes just for fun. Occasionally play major live tournaments just for travel and know people.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

In the case of such a huge win, I would not give up poker at all, but I would leave this occupation for at least a year and go somewhere in nature to take a break from poker, virus addiction, the Internet and the whole crazy world.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why give up something you like? If I won, just raise the limit and continue to have fun, proud of that victory. I'd have something to tell you on holiday nights.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would buy a new house, but other than that not much would change.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had won the wsop, I would have withdrawn part of the money, and spent part on the transition to the limits. And with the money that I took out of the poker room, I would have spent it on a trip.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I won the WSOP main event I'd play in tournaments for as long as possible.
I have never had a huge win with that much money but have had a few dollars come my way from a couple of small win falls through my life.
The thing that I have learnt the hard way was not properly investing.
If you look at big winners in poker, the list is littered with tragic stories of I should haves.
Why didn't I buy a a 10 unit apartment? Why didn't I buy a home for cash? Why didn't I give myself a budget of an extra $1,000 or 2 each month for the next10-20 years?

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will more invest in my education in Poker and try to get more main Events further. if you want to ask about other things definitely around 50-60 % ill invest into diversified portfolio into different fields 10%'ll donate to charity and this 30percent I leave to bankroll in the poker

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
At first it is very unrealistic that i win the wsop. The two main facts are i never played such big stakes tourney so if i did not play i could not win. If there a possibiltity that some freeroll give me the chance to win the ticket and i grab it, there is the second big eventuality. Im not in the situation, that i win this tourneys. Such a run is not possibility with my actual skill level. In the beginning phase i could make some good moves or catch some nice spots. But in the middle and endphase the players would dominated me massively. I would be a nice food for the big stake wolfs. But if we did not think about these two fact, i could tell you what i will do. I think i would cash 80% out for my life, with 10% i would invest in my pokerskill, so i buy some software and pick some coaching lessons from experienced poker streams like renemastermix and the rest 10% i use for tourney buy ins. So i go to bed and dream about the win of wsop.

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I win the WSOP, then definitely the first thing I will invest in is further training. the next step will be to increase the ABI and purchase specialized software. I will be able to leave my job and devote more time to my favorite hobby. but I definitely won't give up on poker

WSOP