If you won the WSOP Main Event, would you quit poker or raise the stakes?

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely play higher stakes tourneys and quit my job!

prankerd

prankerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision! Travel the world and play all the poker festivals, the best lifestyle..

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would keep playing. And you can be DAMN sure that I would wear the obnoxious bracelet to my weekly $20 home game.

That thing looks like it would make a great belt buckle, doesn't it?

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That thing looks like it would make a great belt buckle, doesn't it?
It really does. Personally, I'd prefer something less crazy, and have more of the money go into the prize pool. I thought last year's 50th bracelets for the normal events were pretty cool.

D

daniel e hodge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt quit but I dont think I would play as much afterwards. I would be like a Bill Cower. The dream is to win the wsop, so that means I would have conquered that feat and since the payout would be so good I would focus more on my other passions. They also make money and are more fulfilling and dont have the risk of being a degenerate poker player armed with a huge bankroll and confidence that I can win at the biggest level... that could lead to trouble

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would raise and re-raise the steaks!

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very complicated question to answer. I'm not sure of the answer. I think it is better to respond after winning the main event

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Really interesting question. I would not give up the game that is 100% for sure. I absolutely love this freaking game.

I would up the stakes but not a hell of a lot. It would be a lot of luck to win the main event and so easy to go broke if I went crazy.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If I won the main wsop, I would play small, low cost events and try to live better off, enjoying retirement in a number of ways.
Dan'O

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would keep playing and save a bunch of the money by storing it away. I would probably move up in stakes too.

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would play for fun and wait for another affordable entry opportunity to get it right again

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no, I would not stop taking more to invest in other things and I would not increase the buyn, I would continue to play at the same buyn, less often, more as a hobby and less pressure to win.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how much I win, I certainly wouldn’t stop playing. Simply because I play because of the game. Of course, money is not the last thing.:))

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once told myself i'll play the game even if we were gambling crayons or something else. So i'll definitely keep playing and raise the stakes just for the fun of it. It's actually a game where it becomes easier the higher the stakes are in a live game because it's easier to read people and when large amounts of money is at stakes sometimes you can't control your body language and give clues away, opponents also fold more than if it was low stakes. so the game becomes much easier to control and real rather than playing bingo.

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course raise the stakes! I have a dream and need improve my skill!

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
If that happends, i promise to quit :D.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not be deceived by the money, I would play the limits I always played and I would make a reservation to keep myself safe in case something happens, raising the limit like that just because of a big hit does not mean anything

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you'd have to be in that scenario to really know what you would do.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I won the WSOP Main Event, I would still continue to play, but not any higher than I would now. I'd probably invest in a top of the line PC so I can play on a better machine. I would stick with levels that I am comfortable playing at, not against the wizards or anything like that.....I like having that kind of money too much. :)

I'd still play the WSOP Main Event though, that would definitely be a given.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think I will ever quit playing poker. I would play it like I do now as just a hobby. It makes poker fun to know that it is just a hobby and not a serious thing in my life.

Damon2479

Damon2479

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Winner

I don't think I will ever quit playing poker. I would play it like I do now as just a hobby. It makes poker fun to know that it is just a hobby and not a serious thing in my life.

I love poker to much to ever quit. I strive everyday to get better

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IN this order
Secure myself
secure the monies
secure an tax attorney
secure a legal attorney
secure a publicist
disappear for 3-6 months
travel around and play for 6 months.
Move back to Las vegas
Play normally

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd quit something, but it wouldn't be poker.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would as quickily as could transform myself into a ROCK STAR type player and startbeing as over the top as possible in hope all this would set me as an ambassador type or get me in a special guest over and over for the rest of my life. I see so many of the last 10 years of WSOP winners fade into nothing, no spotlight, no itnerviews no keeping htier name out there, man you got the vehicle and this is when you transfer out of poker into celebrity poker

I mean who ya wanna be Ryan Reese or Phil Helmuth, they both got the bracelet, DRESS ME UP LIKE CEASER AND I WILL MAKE PEOPLE BOW DOWN TO ME as I enter the poker game, instead of being that dude who dresses in his favorite sports jersey and just plays boring great poker after winning the TITLE

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't quit poker, I'd raise the stakes, if I won WSOP. But a portion I wouldn't touch, if needed some for a rainy day. Still would work as well, work is healthy , for the mind and socializing is healthy too.

WSOP