How did you improve your way of playing poker?

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many other are saying, nothing replaces experience and practice. I learned how to play almost 50 years ago, so we didn't have access to all the information available today. Cost lotsa $$$ back then! I would recommend people take that information and develop your game before opening your wallet/purse.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I improve my way of playing poker by playing everyday and learning from my my mistakes, observing other players, and watching videos.

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more you play the more situations you will get in to learn from your mistakes...time/patience and gotta let a hand go sometimes

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I started to learn everything about poker and strategies and then putting in my game the things that I learnt.I realized that in poker you can't always win even the best players lose,the most important thing is to play with a strategy and focus on your game and not tilt.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You must put all your knowledge in practice, know how to recognize your mistakes and correct them so you can continue improving

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the task - to win the tournament - is very difficult, you can play well and never take first place. Much depends on luck, so you need to focus on what depends on you.For example, take the right decision in each hand or seeks to have a bigger winrate at the table that you play

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need to play more. You'll play more than one thousand hands before you win the tournament. In General, try to win S & G 6 or 9 max.

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve watched countless videos online and read a few books. Watching hand reviews of people that won big tournaments help.

Here’s some good videos. There are more parts to the second video that are easy to find

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study and Study and put what you have learnt in practice.Best thing to study is Opening ranges and Position. I have tried to study as much as I played andtill now I am not a winner but the main observation or deduction I found was ; keep an eye on players tendancies,make notes and label them if possible try to avoid playing from weak positions and make sure to know which player you can manipulate and which player you should avoid. For MTT the best advise will be PATIENCE and never put all your stack in the middle unless you are 100% sure you have the best hand if not absolute nuts.

G

GoroAdachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the biggest revelations I had while playing poker is that you should take every hand as if it is really is your last, because the effects of one moderate sized hand could quickly lead to your end, and the culmination of all your decisions determine when you finish. Play solid, friends.

C

CoidyOnSky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What, i changed..

1 Word..

**Discipline**

It was all about me, and taking all my own opinions on board.
And ability..
I was never a bad player..
But i was a bad "online player"

C

CoidyOnSky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What, i changed..

1 Word..

**Discipline**

It was all about me, and taking all my own opinions on board.
And ability..
I was never a bad player..
But i was a bad "online player"
2 MTT..

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like posting your own hand history because it allows you to fix your own game. Absorbing info is good but in my experience only takes you so far.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have patience and try to go on. do not stop. continue to play distance and read daily and learn. and you will be happy in your first tournament wins)

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to always play the bad calls i make and ask opinions of the card chat members as well as follow some of the other poker sites but playing and making mistakes is the easiest way for me to improve and losing alot at my beginning of plaaying has taught me alot. i still dont win but i dont lose as much as fast. LOL

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm watching a lot of poker stars, they often use statistics on their opponents
and play after this. Then it is important to play a lot and have a great patience.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly by playing and watching videos very carefully with making many notes. The videos with length for example 45mins took me sometimes like 5 hours. Plus mindset is very important. Sometimes what you do out of tables is more important than what you do on tables. Health, Social life is important as **** to be happy in general. If you are happy everything is easier.

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play and watch how the pros play, the better you become, not bad and read an article to improve the game, the other which is to see the mistakes and learn from them :)

C

CoidyOnSky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Key to these 2 in 2 Nights for me...

Use the breaks for breaks not slots..
.. Or BLASTS..
Don't Mix Games.. 1 MTT whilst also SNG or Cash Multitable..
Don't be placing Sports bets..

The hardest thing for me at first was adapting to online from live.. That soon passes...

BOTTOM LINE.. IT WASNT OTHER PLAYERS BEATING ME INITIALLY.. IT WAS MY OWN FOCUS and DISCIPLINES

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
do not get discouraged, you should only try to see what you are failing and correct the faults, sometimes it takes time to achieve good results, but with practice and perseverance can be achieved

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think the most important thing is regular practice and training.
It is very important to understand your weaknesses and try to improve your game.
A hard work on improving your game will allow you to be a successful player.

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just keep doing what you’re doing. Included in video watching, looking through the forums and hand analysis I think is important too.

The wins and the cashes will come. It seems you have a good knowledge of the game, but try to take your studying to the next level if not already. Ask questions like; what range do they have in this situation, why did they make this decision, why did I make this decision, how does the table see me, how can I counter that image.

Certainly there’s so many questions we can ask depending on how seriously you wanna take the game. As for the tournaments if you’re getting your money in good and just losing flips don’t get discouraged. I would encourage as many free rolls as possible and small buy ins and even sit n gos until you get a few cashes under your belt.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study, study study. I won't deposit more until I study more. I really like watching pros on twitch they helped my game a lot.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I read books saw some videos but I think you learn by playing and not making the same mistakes so much improved my gameplay

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just keep playing and learning and the wins will come with time.