How u play small pairs at late stage of a tournament??

A

AshTheGreat

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold or bluff. Small pairs aren't a reliable hand late game since everybody tightens up drastically. Sometimes I'll call to bust a short stack if I'm chip leader, closing action, and absolutely convinced they're shoving an A high. If somehow there's a bunch of limps, that's sometimes a decent situation to call and setmine.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the pot odds as others have said, if there is a bunch of short stacks at the table I won't even bother with small pairs as your just gonna be looki at a coin flip against any ace/rag k/10 or higher , q/10+ and I never hold on those type of flips when they have two live over cards

thestinger20

thestinger20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the flop and then if you don't get trips then fold.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Is depend the table, usually I call because I win more cheaps.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f0

small pairs at late stages is a big problem .You can play them safe looking for a 3 of a kind on the flop .Tthe other way is to raise 5bet in order to play with 2 opponents max .I choose not to raise ,so i will be safe in money place.good luck to all

D

Dope Artist

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to see the flop as cheaper as it can. if it' no set on the board - instant fold to every bet

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play small pairs at a late stage of the tournament ??

If in early position they take off if late then raise to 3bb and see what happens or even all-in to steal blinds from those who went limp,but it happens and so the small or big blinds is the answer, and there could be as lucky,but it happens rarely usually stesyvajut after all-in

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At middle stack you have to not confront the bigger stacks and hunt only smalls and exhausted players. Also you have to complied alot of factors also like position and what others will do.
So at all, you have to play different ways against different stacks.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if the chips will soon gobble up blinds, and no one raises, you can go all-in, with Game 1 on 1, any pair gives 50 percent or more to win

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have a good stack, and almost all players fold- then I play with a small pairs

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't anything less than 8s is not worth it. I would call with 8s to 10s. After flop though and I don't hit a third card card and there is a raise, I would just fold. It seems pocket cards are sticky so when one has one, so does someone else.

K

Knittle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a tough question, because again it depends on previous action of the table.

I fold a lot of small pairs out of position. But if I was relativity short and 22 game around to me on the button, I'm shoving any pair at that point.

artemykovec

artemykovec

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no difference what stage of a tournament, it is possible to play with small pairs differently. Everything depends on that in what position you are as play yours the opponent. What hands they play. At a late stage I can play even 22. If I am in a late position and to me there was no rais.

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have up to 15 BB, I'll shove 88+ since early position, 66+ since late position and any pair+ in late position.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing you have to be careful about is people behind you with shorter stacks when you're in early position, even if you're deep stacked. In later position, it's different because if there hasn't been any action before you, you can shove if you are short stacked or if you're deep enough, you could take a shot to set mine.

It's so dependent on the stacks at your table and how people have been playing as well. You may be able to get away with more at some tables than others. Your gameplan should be fluid.

mst32ro

mst32ro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i have a middle stack i limp the small pairs on early p. and raise on late position. When i'm shorty i showe with them on late stage of tournaments.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the stages of the tournament within pocket pairs from early position, I will fold if the stack more than 14 big blinds, and if less than the push, and within the position will push 14-20 bb, if the stack is more that can be opened 2.2 bb's and play post-flop :)

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all i depends upon your stacks and your position and approx amount of opponents playing that hand... if you have only one opponent you can easily deceive him with a shove...if more than one opponent i would fold or call depending upon pot odds

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 8 8 and higher)

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depeands ofvposition if I am late position than raise if is juste one call....

S

ssn822

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every situation is ambiguous , many factors influence the decision . In late position raises against weaker players . Against monsters call or fold .

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a small pair is a problem at all stages of the tournament. Yesterday I busted out with 33. Called a 2x BB raise and flop came K37. I ended up being up against KK and 77. A first for me, and pretty unbelievable.

Not only are you vulnerable to a larger set, I've also lost many times where the board pairs with larger cards.

You have to pick your spots and take a chance. Sometimes your hand will hold up and sometimes not. I just try not to get all my chips in with a small pair unless really up against a wall.

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this depends on a lot of things, just like most other decisions. The main thing is position. just muck low pairs in an early to mid position. if it gets to you and no one has called or maybe like 1 flat then you can consider putting in a semi large bet. My opinion is if you are going to play lows just go ahead and get it in.

The most important thing to consider is that the best odds you are going to get, if someone calls, is about 50%. if they have a higher pair you could easily be drawing at 15-20%ish.