Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

The usual wait for a good hand to go allin not pay RISE and always face a short stack like me, and try not to face the CHEEPLEADER :icon_king

E

exabit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
game with a short stack is that we are forced to switch to push
fold because we do not have enough chips to play postflop

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

The situation of shor stack is very bad.I think the best time for all in is before 8 big blinds even with a weak hand like K J....As blinds will raising up...you dont have any hope waiting for AA or Ak....Good luck and sorry for my english .I am trying to improve them.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes we find ourselves in a situation where our stack at the table is very short. Sometimes this is due to our wrong game, and sometimes - because of a simple failure. But it is important not to despair in advance and think about the future strategy game. And here you can help in the following options and strategies. Wait for a strong hand - a standard strategy game with a short stack - to wait for a strong hand and take off. But this strategy has two potential drawbacks. Firstly, you need to get a strong hand. If you have a short stack, and the hand for a long time does not come, then blind you can eat slowly. Secondly, it is necessary, when you finally come to a strong hand, to which she was paid.If you've been waiting for a strong hand with a short stack, the opponents at the table understand your strategy. They will understand that you will find yourself only with a good hand. This way, your chances of getting a share and doubling reduced. If the opponent does not have a strong hand, or he will have a big stack, he is not afraid to call you and try to knock out.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The push/fold strategy is something that I learned due this site and I'm really glad about that.
I actually enjoy being shortstack now :)

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The article was very interesting. Unconsciously, I act about as everything is described there. However, either games on microlights do not succumb to any logic, or often luck solves everything) However, thanks, interesting analytics.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to shove J7s when I had 4bb in UTG+1 but as UTG had shoved his 8bb I just couldn't shove anymore :(

So it all depends when you can shove. My shove might of been called but I would of taken the chance if UTG had folded.

The flop was J7x :( :D
I would've snap called here. With 4BBs, J7s is a decent hand to get it in as a severe short stack. You fold here and you're stack is just getting shorter and it's unlikely you'll find a better hand to get in with only 4BBs before the blinds hit you. You don't even have fold equity, so your jam is getting called. At least with UTG open shoving 28BBs, there's a chance you getting into an isolated situation.

Finally, you have nothing to lose by taking a risk with 4BBs.

L

legendary819

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how to survive with a short stack in poker

When you have less than ten big blinds, a common strategy is to just move all-in before the flop when you pick up a decent hand. The stop and go is a way to mitigate the risk of putting your entire stack at risk.
The easiest way to use the stop and go is when you're in the big blind and someone has raised in late position. Instead of moving all-in, just call the raise and move all-in on the flop regardless of what cards come.
This is an effective move for a couple different reasons.
Imagine your opponent raises before the flop. If you re-raise all-in for eight or ten big blinds he's getting a good price to call with a really wide range of hands.
Chances are you'll be all-in with somewhere between a 40% and 60% chance of getting eliminated.
By just calling opponent's you set yourself up to move all-in on the flop and force your opponent to fold a lot of hands he would have been correct to call with preflop.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would've snap called here. With 4BBs, J7s is a decent hand to get it in as a severe short stack. You fold here and you're stack is just getting shorter and it's unlikely you'll find a better hand to get in with only 4BBs before the blinds hit you. You don't even have fold equity, so your jam is getting called. At least with UTG open shoving 28BBs, there's a chance you getting into an isolated situation.

Finally, you have nothing to lose by taking a risk with 4BBs.

Damn, I always get these situations wrong, I thought if there is a shove in front of you then you just can't shove with anything less than any PP, and QT+, KT+, and AT+

I learn something from you all the time, thanks :)

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mtt SURVIVE

This topic is very important enjoyed the strategies I really need to analyze it more calmly and play more correctly paid Article tip:

:jd4: mateuspoker

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This article is legit,study it closely and you even may come back sometime.Rules from this article should never apply to the cc tournament because even if you are 10 bb or shorter and you get shark like AK for example every player with 30or more bbs will call you just to eliminate you and they will succeed because value of your hand will drop.Psychic moment is also so much important,dont be afraid to be eaten by the blinds or to throw all-in when you have monster.

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason is that the shorter we get, the easier we can get our stack all-in for evaluation. High aces, medium pairs and weak upper pairs are all right

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prepare in advance for a negative scenario, which happens quite often, much more often than a positive one. You go all-in, get called and be left with zeros - that's how short-stacked attempts usually end up. By understanding this, you will avoid false hopes and inclinations in the event of bankruptcy.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am short stack , in tournaments. You have to play hands, you normally dont play. Sometimes you have no choice but to push. I have been in so many tournaments, short stacked and pushed at right time and right cards. I have made it out of , short stacks so many times. Also at first when I started playing poker , I use to end up blinding out. I should have pushed stack in, at times and I would have won some hands. But I learned ,that over the years of playing. Cause waiting to long, can cause you to go out. At times we are forced ,to play those hands we dont want to.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Below 20 BB I usually apply the re-steal.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: the only way to survive a small stack is to fold or bet all, fold or push, of course with a strong hand, looking for a way to double down and keep fighting.

If you lose, don't be frustrated , understand, you did the best you could ...

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good don't be short a stack, but if the stack is short then you need to play aggressively with less good, especially when it comes to bubble, during this period, all very careful thus, the probability to increase your stack, well, or just to waste time to get the prizes!!!

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only right tactic in this case is probably just allin or fold, you have to pay close attention to positions to avoid being called by more players.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get nuts, lul. Big stakes are always pushing, i dont even speak about KO, lol. They will call everything