How to play small stack against someone with a big stack?

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should play AQ , and AK, little and big slick and all pairs including 22-66, aggressively in a medium game.

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
look for a suitable situation for the push..
how else)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is one way out. We select the first good map and Allin go if you less than a 10bb. It should still be that at this point no one has raised.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i guess limp/call is the best situation in front of a big stack and agg... or push him with wide range if he is tight

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find playing 10 bbs is rather easy. Well decisions to shove or fold are easy. You have to look for good spots to shove. If big stacks are abusing the table you have to take that into consideration and lower your reraise (allin) range and lower you calling range if someone shoves on you.

big Suited hands, big broadway hands, med pairs. have good equity against big stacks range (if they being over active)

Also, if you find yourself with less than 10bbs, and lets say a chip leading bully at the table raises from mp to 4bbs, and there is a rehove of 12bbs from the CO, another shove of 10-15bbs form the button... I may call with almost anything that can flop well. A chance to trip or quadruple up ... Things like A5s, any pair, any suited connector... This is also dependent on the money bubble, if it's close, if you are aways away from the money... use sound judgement and gamble it up when it's 4 way action and you have less than 10bbs.

stoke

M

Mikecouil1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, please explain your justification for ever folding AA with 10bbs in a non-satellite tourney.

Simple answer on how to play w/ 10bb. Shove nash ranges, call off tighter than you usually would, and look for +cEV shove spots vs opens. You shouldn't be messing around postflop, limping, or making standard raises.

Spot on.

A

alex_Romejz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should consider how many big blinds you have left to play the best move you can make is to go all-in as it would be a serious mistake to slow play with someone who exceeds your stack.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today playing a tournament followed the advice given to me here on the web. Accomplish go further than usual. What happened to me was that other players began to make his big stack and could no longer steal blinds or make folded. My stack was much reduced and only wait for a good hand to go all-in. Today my serious question, what strategy to use in cases where the opponents have more than 50 blind and I less than 10?
it's really up to your position. If you're early, shove. If you're late, x2.5 shove on flop.