How to play JJ

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ, like any other hand, should be played based on the situation, opponents and the board.
Very well said!!! But that said, JJ is one of those hands I hate!!!!! I just don't like my odds if anyone calls the raise!! I fold JJ a lot when not in good position!!:D:D

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see a possibility of me going all-in pre-flop especially if blinds are high and pot is big enough! If not, I raised or limp~ :)

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus on where you are on the table. If you are early to act a 4 bet may be a good strategy. If you are later to act. If others limp in, you may want to limp and see if you hit the set. If you don't hit best option is to fold. If everyone ahead folds, a bigger bet may be the option you want to take. A K or Q are a big red flag. only call a limp to get one more shot at trips.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
raise pre cbet if there's overcard just check the turn and try to get to showdown as cheap as possible

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got knocked out my first ever large live tourney event, eons ago. Out of position mis-play. I remember JJ. The hooks that can turn against you and leave you dangling.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ always controversial hand to play. Definitely can be a great hand but it depends on many other factors - position - blinds - late games and so on

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like jacks. Just play with caution and don't overplay it. I used to lose a lot of chips with jacks but then reconsidered my strategy and doing just fine.