How to play JJ

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alex Fitzgerald has a new training video series about JJ. It is on the pokercoaching youtube channel. If the first part gets 1000 likes part 2 and 3 will be released.

Thought the community would find value in it.

:):):)

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alex Fitzgerald has a new training video series about JJ. It is on the pokercoaching youtube channel. If the first part gets 1000 likes part 2 and 3 will be released.

Thought the community would find value in it.

:):):)

Thanks! I am always happy to learn something new. I will definitely watch the video.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is realy funy - to much to not play hard, and not enough to to play hard. I usually give them a chance

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
JJ is a complicated and dangerous hand (in a negative way), but surely there is a correct way to play it, I know that it can influence many factors such as opponents, stack and others that I don't think I take into account when playing them, but I agree with what alien says

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depending on stack, raise if in position, otherwise limp. Always looking to fold..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like it short stcked and in position , to double up , or else raise and play carefully postflop . That's what I do . I have lost some crucial hands with JJ , once on a sat bubble for a 109$ ticketr , sh** :(

G

ginutzza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the stakes of the game, the position, the aggressiveness of the players, there are many things to keep in mind when playing JJ

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation and the stack, if the stack is large I play this hand aggressively, if on the contrary you are careful)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a risky hand but can be strong. It depends in which scenario is used. I would not rush to go all in or use a big percentage of my stack with it

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it short stcked and in position , to double up , or else raise and play carefully postflop . That's what I do . I have lost some crucial hands with JJ , once on a sat bubble for a 109$ ticketr , sh** :(

Thank you for sharing

Dara O'Kearney has a book on satty play and is here on CC check him out regarding hand selection on satty bubbles the JJ is often 100% fold preflop on satty bubbles.

Hope this helps
:):)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you take JJ and play it under the dealer's hand, even more so if you are in a position where UTG puts you in an All-in or Fold situation!

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
make a big raise preflop to isolate villains because jacks dont play very well in multiway pots and consider folding if you dont hit a set of jacks and the flop comes an ace, king or queen and villain makes a big bet.

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly when I play JJ it always catches up with me, either people keep calling and hitting their A or K, or they called preflop with a lower pocket pair and made trips on the flop. For some reason it is the hardest hand for me to play.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
JJ is a good hand, but all depends on situation, opponents style, position, your and opponents stacks

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly when I play JJ it always catches up with me, either people keep calling and hitting their A or K, or they called preflop with a lower pocket pair and made trips on the flop. For some reason it is the hardest hand for me to play.

Thank you for responding.

The Video will be of great help to you Alex is very good at playing vs the player type you describe.

Remember to like the video to help us all to get to see the other videos.

:):)

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alex Fitzgerald is one of my favorite poker coaching contributors. I find the majority of his content well worth watching.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am convinced that the free course of our community and other educational materials carry much more useful information than any educational videos on YouTube.
Good luck.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just watched the video, he takes some lines that I understand his reasoning but a lot of it is definitely player pool specific.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
play it normal ;p
At poker You do not watch at a hand. You need to watch at yours hands open range.
JJ is in a every range so You need to play like other hands from your range, for example 10 10 , 10 9 suited, qj suited.
play agresively, open pre flop or 3 bet when someone open..
hit a flop, hit a draw or bluff.
you need have to mix your game then weak opponent cant read you

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually bet 3 to 4 times BB pre-flop if hits slow play hope for takers then shove.