How to play JJ?

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on what position it is, or if you have not raised pre flop, usually if I am the first to act good for two, instead I can make a 3bet according to which player I face, if it is in cash tables I bet three.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ

Well JJ is a pair that transmits security but must be taken with less force in a preflop bet worth a raise do not see well limping with a pair so expressive but not get comfortable to hold it when I have a larger raise and see the flop the fall OR K OR Q then it is profitable but must apply caution with him
:jd4:mateuspoker

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Игра на флопе
При наличии пары валетов в руке вы обычно входите на флопе. Однако, как и во всех карманных парах, шанс улучшить вашу руку на флопе тонкий. Шансы сделать набор составляют всего 7,5 к 1.

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the Flop
With a pair of jacks in hand, you normally enter the flop strong. However, as with all pocket pairs, the chance of improving your hand on the flop is slim. The odds of making a set is only 7.5 to 1.

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know about you, but I always lose when I get JJ .I agree that there are strong cards, but I just do not have luck with them

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

It depends on the situation that I am in at the time. However, most of the time I play them with caution. I try to keep the pot from getting to big unless the flop is very good for JJ's.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
as JJ is not a high pair and I think it is a little complicated to play, at least for me it is difficult, I rarely win with them

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
there are many ways to play them, but everything depends on many variables and certain situations, winning with them is not easy

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ are hard to play out of position, but in position you have the opportunity to minimize the players and this will give you a better chance of winning with JJ.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like JJ to raise or re raise with.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like jacks. They are way better than 10 2. A lot of ways to play them though.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t over play them. Play them almost the same you play TT, they are a bit stronger but not by far. QQ is a lot stronger and the difference margin is bigger because of Card removal

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No limp, with JJ not give them free cards because eventually you will suffer. Very often I fold, but it totally depends kakkvi with players at the table, and Their actions come into play in what style is, no matter how good this hand is so dangerous :)

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise/3bet/call - you play it like any other big pair, but if you get to much heat or dont improve there is no shame in folding.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing jacks like 10-2 you should be folding every time then. I only fold jacks if a nit 3 or 4 bets preflop. Much more likely getting it in preflop is in your favor. Yes three hands beat you pregnant but you have under pairs dominated as well as A10s and AJs.

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play jj as i see fit .

J

johnson2000d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ

I prefer to limp in early position and raise to a 2 or 3 bet as the position is near the button.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play it like the Brunson (10/2). Is this the correct way to play it?

JJ is a premium hand, but too many overplay it. The great advice I got from one poker player is to play with JJ as if it's 1010. This immediately translates jacks into another category, and makes you play it like a medium strength hand. Usually with JJ you want to raise and 3-bet, but you should not be happy if the opponent is ready to build a large bank, and you have problem jacks on your hands.

If you play against a tight, solid player, then with JJ, lean towards calling it open-raise, which will help to hide the power of your hand and control the size of the pot. Playing post-flop with JJ is quite difficult, because in most cases the flop will come overcard. And this is another reason why you do not need to inflate a bank with jacks, because if you can not at least in some cases call a cbet, the whole rally turns into a waste of money.

Against the weak rivals JJ becomes the top hand, which must be played quickly and aggressively. Often a weak opponent will replay his average pair or a weak ace, which will allow you to build a large pot with a hand with good equity. And against some weak opponents, you should be ready to show up with JJ even pre-flop. Obviously, everything here depends on many factors, from the depth of the stacks to the notes and rids on the opponent.