How to play JJ?

rAkshAs

rAkshAs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you see low players versus your JJ raise 3 or 4 BB near button)
I think this is better way to play them)
But in another situation choose oponents)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
When I have a pair like JJ, the size of my bet will always depend on my position and how many villains have entered the spot ,,,, if I am the first to make a 3-bet ... and if I am in late positions and not there's re-raise before my turn ... I'll do a re-raise for 3

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On JJ, in all positions I raise, at least 3 BB or more.

On JJ, in all positions I raise, at least 3 BB or more. If someone makes a re-raise, then I start to think. I look at the statistics of the player, I remember how he played during the whole tournament, I look in what position he is, and only after that I make a decision, call re-raise or better pass. In general, I do not really like JJ and QQ, I consider these The pairs are very similar to each other and I play them the same way.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If opening will commit your stack is better to just go all-in pre, no need to give your opponent more information. With stacks that low your chips should be going all-in preflop anyway.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair of jacks are deceptive, they seem to be a strong hand (these are pictures), but it's only the fourth pair. They always lose to aces, kings and ladies. And poorly collect tribute from small pairs - because the one who has only a "pair of sixes" is unlikely to overpay for them.

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ very good pair for a short stack and by late position

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watch the table ... there you will decide how you could play JJ

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
limp-shove from early position...
3 bet from late position.
Near a bubble it is a harder play.
Always aggressive though

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a great hand, when theres no raise before me I will raise in according of the number of limpers, if anyone reraise I will raise allin or just call, depends of the villains image.

I prefer fold in preflop to multway allin or open shove, I call when I am short or have notes about the villains action.

Some players will hold their ace high until the river, in this situations I has 2 options, play normally or raise allin in flop or turn, trying earn the maximum of chips, sometimes one ace or king can appears.

Against loose aggressive I will try to extract so many chips I can. Against tight players I will play more aggressive, with careful to any reraise or shove.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too have trouble JJ. I've found that plcaying them like any other mid pair works best for me. I raise them and hope to hit a set.

A

Anis Zed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me Jesse James should be played according to your Position on the table, so if you are in early positions Just Flat call raises and if the pot is not raised yet so it's up to you to make a 3 or 4BB raise, If you are in a CO or BTN just reraise or call depending on players in front of you. Short stack I will shove this hand from whatever position

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a couple of jacks, you can play them in different ways depending on the position in which you receive them, I mostly open 2 bb if it's about a tournament that just started, and I take caution because many pay for low blinds, if the flop brings the strong bet, on the other hand, if I am about to enter itm in the middle fold position, and good is depending on which stage of the tournament and against which players I am facing.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been working on looking at how to play your range in a spot rather than a specific hand. Then if JJ is int he raising range then play it the same as the other hands in your raising range.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early position, I play slowly
but if somebady re-raise all in preflop I'm ready to pay

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually 3bet jacks or just raise.

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh the humanity. All in preflop didn't work.

Attachments

• jj vs 37.jpg
    jj vs 37.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 30
lexaplis

lexaplis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I strongly will not be able to raise by 2-3 bb, depending on the position and stage of the tournament, but I'm ready to pay and more to wipe the flop

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play small cards especially because there are not many aggressive players at the table in pairs and if they are big I do not rely

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like having jacks. If Im in an early position I will usually push with the jacks. Later positions I will 5 bet it. If someone calls the 5 bet you can assume they have a strong hand as well. (Typically).

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play this hand, but not always it turns out to be a winning hand, a lot depends on the position, on the rates that you bet. I play aggressively with JJ.

L

louaylouay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The same guy called me earlier when I was playing A/K very aggressively. Flop is A/10/6. Turn is a 2 and I bet hard again. River is a 10 and we both check. He turns over a 7/10o

With him checking the rivered 3 of a kind, calling preflop (assuming you raised), calling the flop, that all screams loose passive.

Get your money in ahead of these guys. You will be sucked out on more often than with other types of players, but poker is a long-run game. Now I'm not sure your stack size, whether it was a tournament, how deep in the tournament, etc., but in general I would not be opposed to shoving the flop against him. You're ahead of ANYTHING scary in his range besides TT, AA, AT, A6. T6, and 66. If hes calling to that flop with any 2 cards, that is like 3% of his range. We like to get our money in as a 97% favorite. If he had one of those hands, that means you just ran into him at the wrong time at that point, nothing you can do about it. I'd bet, in that situation, a thousand bucks every time if I could. Who cares if I lose 3 or 4 or 5 times? Even if they are back to back to back. In the long run you're ahead of him, if my assumptions about his play are correct.

Of course, there's no way to know if that's correct because I don't have stats on him.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early position, I play slowly
but if somebady re-raise all in preflop I'm ready to pay

Can you please explain why you wouldn't raise then if you're willing to call off your stack?

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happily open raise or 3 bet JJ. If I have less than 15bb I'm shoving.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same guy called me earlier when I was playing A/K very aggressively. Flop is A/10/6. Turn is a 2 and I bet hard again. River is a 10 and we both check. He turns over a 7/10o
Same thing happened to me last week at 888 when my AK was beaten by T7

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my position I would play or not if such bets have been placed above and and I have JJ as I retire I think even with these letters always bring disaster I tell you by experiencia.Un greeting and good luck at the tables.