How many times you get a KK,QQ or JJ and the other one gets an AA?

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me more times than you can imagine.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I always take part in such distributions, it's tough just, especially in the late stages of the tournament .... but it's a norm)))

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never paid attention, when I run into a higher pair then what I have. I call it the norm and move on.

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK vs AA is the scene i see the most when i have AA :) Idk how and why ... maybe i have bad luck ^_^

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
the real question here is how often you get the same pocket pair :D ... and you lose :rofl:

Last edited:
T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens in poker, online or not, don't worry about it grab another buy in and carry on.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so much. It happens occasionally which is expected.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens all the time to me. if you do the maths the ace is supposed to land less than a quarter of the time while you holding KK or QQ but it seems to land all the time for me. Then silly me wants to take a chance that the other player doesn't have the ace card so i go all in. Other player always has the ace card. If i have QQ a King or Ace always lands on the board, the other player always has the King or Ace when i go all in with my QQ. It makes me think why do I even have QQ or KK if someone is going to always have the higher card.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We must not forget that is a right program? and most of the time the favored is the player with the most chips.

We are together!!!!
😎👊

B

Bone23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One can see it every once in a while in online poker but also in Live Poker. People might think it happens more often in Online Poker but this might be due to the fact that the amount of hands being played in Online Poker is way higher than in Live Poker in the same amount of time.
So don't worry and go with the stats..

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Not seen very often ... but I have been in that situation .... on some occasions I have lost few chips because the villain has played slowplay ..... on other occasions I have been able to realize that the villain may have AA through their preflop bet ... and on other occasions I just lost all my chips and they have eliminated me from a tournament ...!

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
too many times to count , and then when I do get AA - they get beat by a 3 of a kind in a low cards !!!
Never fails ....

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not need to get AA, anyway, I'll lose. :(

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to me every day in online tournaments. But in real life this happens to me extremely rarely.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's just usually amount but sometimes it happen often because of variance and sometimes u just had bad runs :)

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People are always going to keep talking about it because it feels bad. Yes the larger stats make it very obvious in the long run it will work out but when you are on the receiving end of the bad beats more often than not it will feel like you are being cheated.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OH yea!

too many times to count , and then when I do get AA - they get beat by a 3 of a kind in a low cards !!!
Never fails ....

Definitely going to happen a lot because its hard to let those queens go when you might be up against AQ because the lose guy that has bet a lot caught aces when you got lucky and woke up with those aces.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to me every day in online tournaments. But in real life this happens to me extremely rarely.
have to agree - online tourny's are really not the same as real games - I have noticed that just watching the pro's play .
I find that the AA's and KK's are not coming up as much on cash online tables , and if they do they usually hold true and the one who gets them - me included wins the round

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
have to agree - online tourny's are really not the same as real games - I have noticed that just watching the pro's play .
I find that the AA's and KK's are not coming up as much on cash online tables , and if they do they usually hold true and the one who gets them - me included wins the round
This is unusual, as you shouldn't be getting all-in with single pairs on cash tables. Stacks are generally too deep. Do you have any example hands?

Also, there is no reason for getting more big pairs at cash games. Do you have actual stats?

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me quite rarely, just as I expect. ;)

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember two simple golden rules I discovered by myself : 1. You don't have to play every premium hand 2. There are no premium hands.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have any links for this? I always hear about these 'proofs' but never can seem to track any down.. I actually made a thread a few days ago "re: the elusive Million hand sample analysis" asking this same thing. The thread got 160 views, no responses :confused:

well, ive got 70k hands just from 6 months of playing part time, you can put some databases of different players together, or any full time grinder wuth more than 2 years will probably have nearly a million hands

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard crossing in PS, but not always.

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, ive got 70k hands just from 6 months of playing part time, you can put some databases of different players together, or any full time grinder wuth more than 2 years will probably have nearly a million hands

We've actually started sampling PP frequency in that thread and we're up to ~400k hand sample if you'd like to contribute ;)

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We've actually started sampling PP frequency in that thread and we're up to ~400k hand sample if you'd like to contribute ;)

We have over 700k hands. For pair frequency, at least. I just didn't post the updated image. There's nothing new from the updated hands. Nothing abnormal has shown up.