How important is luck to winning a tournament?

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the more I play, the more I stop believing in luck in poker, you just have to accept the fact that it's random, and the card will not always fall out like you will win with pocket aces, if you accept this, there will be fewer questions about luck and your nerves will live longer

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Luck is extremely important, especially in the beggining of tournament. Without it you cannot win.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
pretty important, needed to bulid up bankroll and needed to lock in that fianl table win

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
this is a very broad topic, and one can talk about it for a very long time. but I single out one rule for myself poker is a game of skill, and about a big MTT tournament it’s obvious that without luck you won’t get anywhere, but with your skill you can compensate for the chips you lost, even though it will be many times longer than just winning a coin

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Luck helps but there are calculations in the world of poker and predictions that are far more important than luck

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck is important because without luck you cannot win. Skill, experience, it all matters, but luck is the most essential ingredient.

J

jora161616

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Для меня очень важно, чтобы удача была на твоей стороне, в какой-то момент она понадобится тебе для победы, иначе это очень сложно.
Luck won't help if you don't know how to play! The most important thing is patience, I think!

J

jora161616

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Luck won't help if you don't know how to play! The most important thing is patience, I think!

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I disagree, I think that IN VARIOUS moments you will need it to win.
I don't believe you can win a tournament without having to give someone a bad beat.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me it is very important that luck is on your side, at some point you will need it to win otherwise it is very difficult.
is most important, without luck you can have only aces in your hand and lost all

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There will be no victory without luck.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's good that you're lucky, but depending on it is very bad. The good thing is to keep your common sense and count on luck sometimes. Because if you become dependent on luck you can do very badly. I prefer to count on my game and be lucky sometimes.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very important. There are numerous times in a larger mtt to be able to suck out and hit cards while also being able to not get sucked out. There’s of course skill involved but the importance of luck on both sides for you is very important to go deep

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You have to get lucky to win a tournament because you will be in so many hands when it comes down to a coin flip. Sometimes you will be the beneficiary of a lucky card and sometimes you will be the victim. I've heard it described as "sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug."

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Luck plays a role in poker, especially in the short term or in one particular tournament. However, in the long run and with a long game, the number of random factors decreases, and skill, strategy, and making the right decisions become more significant. Luck can pay off in the short term, but in the long term, successful poker players usually succeed because of their skill and ability to analyze the game and make rational decisions.