How important is luck to winning a tournament?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you talk about luck... you must be lucky to have players with decent hands that are willing to bet when you have the nuts
you must be lucky nobody calls your bluffs
you must be lucky to get good cards that you are able to play.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I couldn't tell you a percentage, but I'm going to tell you that being lucky while playing a tournament is very important, especially at those times when you need them

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think that a luck is a little percentage is more the skills that you apply in every game you play in according you get information from your opponents.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They say that to win a tournament you must play well and be lucky to win some hands, you will not always depend on luck; With the passing of time, the ability is what will give you the best results.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Luck is important in poker tournaments. While skill matters, luck can greatly impact short-term results. In a single tournament, even an inexperienced player can win with some luck on their side. However, over multiple tournaments, skill and smart decision-making become more crucial for consistent success. It's essential to learn how to handle luck's ups and downs and focus on making good choices. Skilled players have an advantage in the long run. Remember, you can't control luck, but you can control how you respond to it

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Luck always comes in handy. Winning a coin-flip or a suck out is always nice.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Luck influences but is not decisive.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it is very important that luck is on your side, at some point you will need it to win otherwise it is very difficult.
I agree, it is difficult or even impossible without luck. Luck is an integral part of the game, although the player's skill and experience increase our chances of luck.

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
luck is 60% important, but skill 40% is my opinion, when the card does not go within 10 hands of the tournament, then I lose 100%

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play AA and lose a bunch of times because the other player got lucky and hit a set or they got really lucky and sucked out with junk hand You will need some of that same luck in almost every game if you want to place.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me it is very important that luck is on your side, at some point you will need it to win otherwise it is very difficult.
I agree! No one is lucky all the time.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Luck is the most important factor for someone to win a tournament.
If you will observe the one who wins a tournament is ALWAYS super lucky!!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is essential to avoid the traps of the deck, more importantly, is not to have bad luck in the tournament; And Knowing that you are better than most players in that particular tournament.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye it is so important in flips especially in late game

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Success is important, but sometimes you need to listen to your intuition, because success will not lead to victory

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Its important of course but its all about math and strategy XD
God bless

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is very important to win one tournament. If you are in a luck day you can easily win a tournament even if you play against better players than you. But in the long run to be a successful player, skills and psychological factors are way more important.

H

hideoka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I guess luck is a big part, but patience is also very important.

H

hideoka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think poker is one of those things that doesn't have a 'permanent' rule, like for instance, 7-2 is considered the worst hand but I've seen people go all in with A-K and lose to some crazy dude that called with a 7-2. Sometimes it's luck, sometimes is skill, I guess that's why it's so fun, it never gets boring :)

S

Shep11111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tons of luck. You typically have to win a bunch of races to go deep in a tourney.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You will not win the tournament without luck! Even more, it is difficult to reach the prize places, if at a certain moment luck does not smile on you.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Luck is the fundamental factor for every player to win a Tournament.
I remember a French Sow player playing a hand of KK in a tournament in Europe against Fabiano Kovalsky the Brazilian.
Then look at it, and look at the rest of the hands in the video that the link left you, and then tell me if you don't have to be lucky in a tournament.
If you don't look at the Italian who won, he had a blind left.
Look at everything because that tournament was great.
Greetings compatriot:):):):)