Normally by folding them :eek::D:eek::D
I’ve never seemed to hit with 2s so I just save my chips:cool:

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?

UTG, MP - mini raise, and after orbit I call (maybe)
LJ, HJ, CO, BTN, SB, BB - sometimes I call or fold.

It dependes who is the villain and where is he.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?

When you are in late position, you can only raise preflop in one case: if there was only 1 call before you. Thus, you play against a maximum of 3 players. However, 3 players is also a lot. Players in the small and big blind are more likely to enter the game with a medium or low hand. Caller most likely has a slightly above average hand, but not premium, and is not completely confident in his cards. If a raise has been made before you, it is strictly forbidden to enter the game with a pocket pair of deuces in middle and early position. In late position, if you have two or more calls, you can try to call. There are still chances to make a set.
[FONT=Google Sans, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
If any of the players raise on the flop, you shouldn't continue playing. If, after seeing the flop, none of the players raised, then you can raise. This will actually be a semi-bluff. Most likely, none of the players have a pair, have a straight or flush draw, and a low pair is likely. If the flop didn't bring you a set, then with your raise you can "remove" at least some of the players. The size of the raise depends on the nature of your opponents.[FONT=Google Sans, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy limp fold or just fold lol I'd rather play 72 off

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, or limp into a cheap flop if the situation allows to try to hit a set.

D

drgerwazy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late position just call, x/c flop or fold

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually i just limp on early and middle position and raise or even shove all in if i have a short stack in late position when the previous players have folded their hands.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some here in the answers retell the strategy of the game in the tournament, the table of starting hands, but still the question is how you play them. Personally, I always try to see the flop even if it was 3 bet after the flop but if my younger couple is not increased to the set I throw on a bid, and if you've got a set on the flop then play according to the situation if the flop potentially dangerous for me, ie they can collect a bigger set or straight, I go all in to protect your set. Another option is if I know the approximate range of hands with which this or that player will bet 3, namely, if there is a high probability that the opponent will raise with korman AK, then I go all in if my stack is at least twice as large as it is. The chance that he will collect a pair is a little more that I will collect a set or a square.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD

Hello everyone. Who uses HUD for poker, please explain if it is worth installing it ?! I always play without statistics. Thanks in advance.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in if i don't have enough chips to stay in game. If i have enough chips i just call to see if there is 2 on the flop.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages of the tournament I like to call with pocket deuces and hope for the drilling. Especially at the beginning there are still a lot of fish at the table. If you flop three of a kind, you have a good chance of being paid off. At the beginning of a tournament, your stack of chips is large and the blinds are small. At this stage of the tournament you can still often call with speculative hands. These include pocket pairs and suited connectors. In the middle phase of the tournament, if you have fewer than 20 blinds, I would play less speculative hands. It's no longer worth it because these hands miss the flop too often. If I have less than 15 blinds and have to play push or fold, I try to avoid putting all in with pocket deuces. Your chance of winning the pot is at best 50:50. Often enough you are 80:20 outsider because your opponent has a higher pair. But if there is no other way then it can happen that I put all in with pocket deuces.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flat call in late positions, and even consider folding UDG and UDG+1.
The only situation i raise pocket deuces is if im the button and everyone is limping like a zombie

M

matthias0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket deuces never looses...
having said that, usually fold. Only marginal spots like facing a bottom raise and I want to pressure from sb or bb

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd raise in a late position with 22 to steal the blinds in late tournaments or pay raises early in mtts and hope to hit trips unless it's a fold in any other position

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I pay to see the table at the beginning of the game, and then it depends on what to turn on the table, I just pass, turning a 2, I increase half and let's see what happens.

Now if it's a tournament and I have a lot of money, I call 3 BB if they call and depending on what I turn over I raise or pass.

Well, just living on the spot gives you a better idea of ​​what to do, because depending on I can escape too

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to mine for a set, otherwise they are going in the fold pile.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of the time I just throw them away.
a very weak card, unless in a multi-pot try to flop a set

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only like deuces if the blinds are real high and I have a lot of +EV due to fold equity. Especially short stacked. There are certain places where shoving with deuces is the clear best decision. However early position and deep stacked, or facing one or more RFI they are trash.

Sometimes I will consider a call and set mine with them esp deeper stacked.

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a way of playing low pairs. I always open a 2.x bet (in almost any position). However, post-flop I always check-call, whether I hit the set or not. But on the turn, I only go ahead if I hit the set.

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call only and hope for a set and make sure board is right to bet. Never push unless you have their stack covered

K

klaus210dieter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normally i drop 22 , but if my stack is big i try to limp in to catch the lucky 2 outer

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Low

I play them for as low as possible until I hit a set.