How do you play a QQ?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call and check blind. Then open my eyes to hopefully see QQ on the flop and a half pot bet from my opponent. If he bets smaller, I check-raise if there's no A or K

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I isolate the bet and take the villain to 1x1 all in, you didn't inform the tournament time, but I would hardly get out of this All in.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I enter with 5BB in the bet, if I get raised I go all in, on the flop I try to isolate more the player who has 35BB to get a possible 1x1 shover for the turn.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe there is only 2 options - call or 4bet, folding top 3 pair preflop - sin))

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm never folding QQ with 18bbs in that situation. As you say, without specific information about original two raisers you need to gamble with that hand. Ranges for lots of players are mid pairs that you dominate.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i give up on QQ i always get beaten not one pot win with em, i fold

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to bet hard, to protect your hand, and avoid being beaten with weak hands.

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Under the circumstance. I would just call if the 3 bet was under 3BB. Then we see the flop. Watch for Ace or King on the flop, then it really depends on what your opponent does. If they check they could still have it so be careful and you have room to fold here as you can still afford better spots. If it was more than 3BB I would go all-in pre-flop, but this may end up being a coin flip. The good news is, your in position and if you can just get in at a good price I would take it.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
3-Be all in, there is no way out since it is a premium hand and if you don't take advantage of it at that moment you will be left suffering the whole tournament, that's why you bet everything to win in case of losing you have to be happy that you played that hand well,

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hi ! Well, yes! We have to be very careful with the QQ hand, we have to pay close attention to what position we are in and whether we have high or low chips. Personally, when I have low chips, I don't push all my chips. .I am in an early position and there are 3 players behind me. in this case, I prefer to make a smooth raise so that fewer people watch the flop, I watch the check flop, and if the field is clear. There are no higher cards than Q, then I push all my chips in at most. the other version is if I have high chips, chipl leader, then I call a lot in almost every position, or even push all my chips in. I hope I was able to help you with this.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In this situation, I call and wait for the flop. After the flop a small raise, the player can bluff or play a weak hand, he has 35bb for this :)

Last edited:
demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Call and wait for the flop.3 bet from Utg is good enough and values my cards already.

treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
15BB or less i go allin
but generally 3bet no matter what position.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going allin in this scenario

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Normally I would shove this situation, but if you're on the button, a call would be good too.

you can play in position and if someone else 3-bet you can shove too.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a long time has passed and I see that the distributions are more or less adequate, then I go All in.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case its pretty much an all-in, most of the time at lower buy-ins UTG's 3bb open is more likely a protection for hands like AK, AQ, AJ, A10s(?) , pockets from 99+ KQs, KJs, QJs(?), KK or AA.
As I agree with the wilder range on the villain's side here, QQ is a shove for me from 18bbs.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
calling the 3bet, depending on the flop I may go aggressive

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call and play the flop as it comes.. trying to protect my stack

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a premium starting hand, I play em like they're Aces.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
play your hand aggressive before the flop and if the flop has an A or king slow down your betting.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play QQ with caution, as a rule I try not to overclock the bank. A very odd hand. Although often brings good profits.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, my KK have been falling under the AA of another player, which does not happen with QQ🙂

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I would call and after flop if there is no AK in there or pair i would check - all in.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If calling or pushing can cost itm when you are higher than 27th in the table, then you need to play very tight. But there are still 50 people left here, and you are worse than the 27th and the bubble is still far away. The stack is not very big, and the hand is good enough to try to squeeze. Better may not come, and the stack will decrease even more.

According to the resteal table, if there was only one open from early position without 3-betting, we could even shove JJ/AQ at 18BB. But this is a completely different case...

And according to the push/fold table against early position we push JJ/AK with 13bb or less.

So the question is very interesting and it is necessary to calculate in the programs how to play correctly ... Taking into account icm.

I think that if you call, then only if the raise was 2BB, and the 3-bet was 5BB, maximum 6BB. And if the call is worth more than a third of the stack, then it will already be correct to either fold or push ...