How do you play a QQ?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would play all-in!!! Villain has too many hands that he will fold to my all-in or be behind me if he calls!!! There are only three hands that I would not like to see him have - these are AA, KK and AK !!! But from a UTG position he will play hands like AQs(o),AJs(o),A10s(o),KQs,KJs ,JJ,1010,99 and if he is an aggressive player he might well call us with these hands!! !

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

If I get a QQ, I will try to get the flop as cheaply as possible. Then, after the flop, and check out other players exposed hands, make decision from there. Poker is such a complicated game, so, it is difficult to really say what one will do with a hand.

Mike

Last edited:
dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
QQ is still not an easy hand to play. For example, if the flop comes A-high or K-high, it will be very difficult for you to understand where you stand. Quite simply, QQ is the third best starting hand preflop. And that's why you should almost always aim to raise with her, which means either open raising (2.5-3bb) or 3bet. on the flop. How often will they come out? The answer to this question may surprise many - in almost 50% of cases!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
QQ is like AQ pretty to see but very vulnerable.
I would call the 3bigs and if no Ace or King flops then you have the green light to raise a cbet or bet your QQ if there is no bet from the OOP pre-flop aggressor.

MDCCP

MDCCP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ ? In general ALL IN if the stacks are not to high

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, it's a cancerous hand. I can max out the big blind, otherwise I'll fold. I know that many will not agree, but for me personally there is no worse hand.

M

melbru88888

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i try to get pre flop all in every time

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with others that in a freeroll, players will be playing with a much wider range. All-in might not be right from a GTO standpoint, but in that context it's probably the right play, IMHO.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since it's a freeroll tournament, I'd rather look at the flop because A, x or K, x won't fold. And if have an Ace or a King in flop, I play a check/fold, if I don't, I play a check-raise on the flop.
Goodl luck.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Without any stats or reads, this is a clear shove. If you're close to the money, I could advocate a call, but you still need to outlast almost half the field.

Sure sometimes you run into AA and KK, but the vast majority of the time he folds or he calls and you're ahead.

IF villain has particularly tight VPIP, PFR and 3bet stats, then there might be reason to let it go.

Question for you - what do you think villains UTG+1 3betting range is in this situation?

Y

Yezkidder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet from UTG1? he must open raise u should 3 bet or all in right?

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with QQ is the same as playing with KK for me so that's exactly how it is. When you're on utg1 it's like having a baseball bat in your pocket and your opponent has a hidden pistol and he usually comes to the river in the form of AKs AKo AQs AQo AJs AJo A10s A10o . The wording is not that good, but there it is;)

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free 1k tournament for Brazilian depositors members from here in the community.
You've just been transferred from the table and you don't read the players. You're on the button and UTG1 3bets then everyone folds. You have 18bbs and UTG1 has 35bbs the CL has 55bbs and you are at 30/50 which awards 27 ITM. What do you do after UTG1's 3bet?:confused::confused::confused:
I'm jamming everytime I'm not desperate for the money so I'll play the percentage here and come over the top and hope they hold pocket jacks or worse maybe AK

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would lite 4 bet to see the reaction, if he shoves more likely we are against AA KK AK, and fold it ,not going to loose all the chips.. if he calls, it can be AK QQ JJ TT..

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I call with my QQ, hoping to flop a Q or no A or K.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very agressive, mainly against recreatives. I think that I'm usually a little bit more agreesive than I should, but recreative players become inlove with any aces that appears in their hand, that I hate to try a trap with my queens, and lose it to an A2o.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Unless UTG1 is an aggressive player, Range UTG1 3Bets vs UTG is very strong, at least JJ+/TT+, AK. Your QQ is just 50/50 vs that Range. And it's the bubble so I think you should fold.
You've just been transferred from the table and you don't read the players. You're on the button and UTG1 3bets then everyone folds. You have 18bbs and UTG1 has 35bbs the CL has 55bbs and you are at 30/50 which awards 27 ITM. What do you d
You've just been transferred from the table and you don't read the players. You're on the button and UTG1 3bets then everyone folds. You have 18bbs and UTG1 has 35bbs the CL has 55bbs and you are at 30/50 which awards 27 ITM. What do you do after UTG1's 3bet?:confused::confused::confused:
If I understand correctly 23 people needs to get Eliminated in order for you to make the money in witch case only AAs or KKs are the only hands that beats you. I would move in maybe AK or best case a smaller pocket pair. If you think you could fold to the money or get a better hand 18bs I play to win I would go in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it depends on your hand, you have a good hand, you could even fight against his hand and in 50% you would win, I think it depends on your mood if the mood is good, then go to the end

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go very powerfully on Preflop - then I look at the flop and decide

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Always 3bet. All in call. If after a 3-bet it is called and there is an overcard on the flop, then check or small bet

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
With the situation you have mentioned
I will just call 3x and watch the flop.

And if my QQ look good I will shove all in.
As simple as that.

If I see an A or K I will just bet 1x and see the response (if re raised i fold)…

jeambeam

jeambeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ID
Chips
privilege if you play in pokerstars and go PUSH ALL IN on preflop but worst on GG poker, W88, Natural8 it gonna beat by junky card

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 18 bb is an easy shove... even if is utg + 1 the one who makes the 3 bet. queens are the 3rd best preflop hand so its strong enough to shove preflop specially if you have less than 25 or 20 bb.