Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Free 1k tournament for Brazilian depositors members from here in the community.
You've just been transferred from the table and you don't read the players. You're on the button and UTG1 3bets then everyone folds. You have 18bbs and UTG1 has 35bbs the CL has 55bbs and you are at 30/50 which awards 27 ITM. What do you do after UTG1's 3bet?:confused::confused::confused:

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've just been transferred from the table and you don't read the players. You're on the button and UTG1 3bets then everyone folds. You have 18bbs and UTG1 has 35bbs the CL has 55bbs and you are at 30/50 which awards 27 ITM. What do you do after UTG1's 3bet?:confused::confused::confused:

the possible scenarios are he has AK, AQ or JJ and you are winning, or he has AA or KK and you are losing, or he is on a crazy bluff putting pressure on your stack because of the ICM.

I would go all in pre-flop, I think that folding high pairs is not profitable in the long run, if it was pair of JJ or 10 10 I would fold easily.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless UTG1 is an aggressive player, Range UTG1 3Bets vs UTG is very strong, at least JJ+/TT+, AK. Your QQ is just 50/50 vs that Range. And it's the bubble so I think you should fold.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's my best hand is QQ I prefer it to AA and I've lost a bit with it

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips

I didn't understand UTG1 3bets ?
UTG opened the pot and UTG1 3bets him or UTG1 Opened the pot x3 bb ?
Anyway Your are not ITM and you have to battle to be there, so it's an easy shove, because UTG open in freerolls don't mean anything. He could open with AJs+ KQo 88,99,TT,JJ .
The worst scenario is when you are against AA and KK. against AK you're a bit favorite and you crush all the rest.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tricky position but not the end of the trny if you fold. If you call you might get to see a flop depending on the blinds' reaction. If you min-raise you might get away w/taking the pot right there or you could get called and see a flop or get re-raised and are forced to make another decision. If you shove you could be at risk for your trny life. Gotta love this game.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I call and if there is no A or K on the flop, I go all-in
I would do the same. Even if it is my first hand at the table and i didn't read opponents, it is too good of a hand to let it just pass.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

It is a strong starting hand, I believe that according to your position you should raise, if your position is bad, you should raise a little, double or triple the blinds, if you are in a good position you should double the bets already given previously.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the possible scenarios are he has AK, AQ or JJ and you are winning, or he has AA or KK and you are losing, or he is on a crazy bluff putting pressure on your stack because of the ICM.

I would go all in pre-flop, I think that folding high pairs is not profitable in the long run, if it was pair of JJ or 10 10 I would fold easily.

This is pretty much the same response I was thinking of so I will just concur with the response :)

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
never know what the other player has, so i will just follow and see the flop
After the flop is another story

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I go all in

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the type of tournament we are playing, if we are referring to a freeroll then there are always crazy players, and if there is a 3bet then we are facing a very strong hand, of which it is better to just pay and then see if with this pair of queens we connect a trio or a straight or a poker or a full house or what helps to improve our hands at the table.:icon_sant

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Me with 18bb, I would go all-in, you're far from the money, you can't expect much even if you don't know the villain.

What was your action?:confused::confused:

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I classify QQ as a semi-premium hand. I play it like AA or KK preflop, but I fold to 5-bet all-in. On the flop with an ace, I bet 1/4 or 1/3 of the pot.

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait to see the size of the bets of the other players and I go all in, even if someone else pushes all-in, the opponent's chance of not hitting anything is high.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just raise to 2 or 3 BB and if call and flop comes out K or A you check fold,and if shove then call.Pretty simple,but at the final table you should be more careful.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I make a 2.5 BB... if there is a 3bet I call. Then I would see what comes out on the flop, if K or A comes out... I would only call... I would also see how the player is!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely getting it all in regardless. Be nice to see the flop before committing all your chips though.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How I play a QQ

How I play a QQ
depends a lot on the position at the table of the person who talks later and what stage of the tournament
if I open from UTG. I think 3x. it's a good size,
but as I said there it depends a lot on all the actions above

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends but generally speaking I rarely fold them

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You have to be very careful with QQ. Imagine that you and two queens decided to go to a restaurant. And you don't have much money. Queens, after all, require royal attention, and not just a menu of the first and second courses. And compote. Under the incendiary lambada. Yesterday, for example, because of these QQ, I was left without pants, figuratively speaking.:D

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any card has to be played depending on the table contestants. There no such secret how to play prem cards or reg cards. But that come with experience. For example not many willing to reach 500k hands which brings that not many will understand this simple basic concepts yet very complex in the same time for the untrained eye. And even that this information are known without practice they mean nothing. :)

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I didn't understand UTG1 3bets ?
UTG opened the pot and UTG1 3bets him or UTG1 Opened the pot x3 bb ?
Yeah, there might be a terminology miss here. There was no mention of UTG raising at all, therefore no 3-bet (i.e. "reraise").

That said, if the original bet from UTG+1 is the only action, this is a shove.
If UTG did bet and UTG did really 3-bet, then let it go.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You call the 3bet with your qweens and wait for the flop. Expecting the best!