How to deal with monkey shovers?

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy. Don't race. You've mentioned tournaments and the goal of any tournament is to survive as long as possible. You can't win the hand preflop, so don't put all your money in preflop. You bet it all, you lose it all. This seems to be the error in the system that a lot of players are taking advantage of. Live poker isn't designed to have you railing hot, after a bad beat. The online poker sites want you to lose. It's that simple. If junk pairs more online than live, why would you play the same way?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, i've been playing poker for several years, but only online fairly recently. I feel like im a pretty decent player, but keep getting knocked out of tourneys by people with crazy hands vs my premiums. My question is how do you deal with these guys in order to actually finish a tournament?

If your luck is anything like mine it doesnt matter how much better hand u have you just cant beat a fkin donk. If the site doesnt want u winning the hand or anything else you wont period!!! All while u watch others shit hold. One thing to remember about online is, unlike LIVE 2 and 3 outers are the nuts!!! Doesnt matter how well u play there will be a donk getting lucky against you to put you out. Just watched a guy in a 50 cent SNg 54 people call or push 6 straight hands and not once did he have better hand and won 6 straight. U see it all day long people just like this. Hell just got put out of same game by the donk sitting next to him pushing my raise with 44 against my QQ and of course the 2 outer hits. He wasnt short stacked. had 20k less then me, i had 90k he had 70k and pushes with 44 and gets rewarded for being a dumbass.
As Bigpappa says on here just do it for entertainment cause online is NOTHING compared to live where odds are actually odds. You have to learn to push silly shit or suffer like u have been and i do. I just cant force myself to play such an idiotic style of poker. Even in the CC games on sites us Americans can play at they still play like its a $10 free roll, push and prey who cares, screw poker lets just gamble with silly shit

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a great game. You will need experience of online poker. Surely you're playing micro limits. Albeit at medium stakes are so many fish that play like crazy. But there they are much less likely to get to the bonus area. Play now and with time you will learn how to play against them.

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no "One Easy Trick to Beat the Monkey Shovers!" If you play solid, basic strategy well enough and long enough, you'll beat them on average. In the short term, monkey shovers make luck a bigger part of the game and increase variance. In the long term, their poor play is free money for you.