How to avoid bad luck in tournament poker?

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to stick to a certain strategy and not to pay attention to the defeat

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Too tight game with a short stack
Take the shortstack position as a situation when you have nothing to lose. Do not play recklessly and do not lose hope, and instead raise your level of aggression to the maximum, but still logically consider what kind of blows will be for you + EV. Whatever you do, do not leave your place as a weakling!
2. Too aggressive game with a large stack
A large stack is not the reason to go crazy - it's an excellent opportunity to use justified aggression to obtain chips, exposing yourself to only a minimal risk.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid bad luck in tournaments? I know one try to raise pre-flop to avoid family pots with premium starting hands, and never let a fish draw for cheap. But is there really anything else? I always hear that it's better to be lucky then good, but I believe it's better to be skilled and not unlucky.

Nothing can be done with luck, poker is about skill .. Not just skill playing your card You also need to read the situation, timing, and follow your good instinct, bad luck always comes because following emotions. We are always trapped with thinking that J9o is lucky to win agains AA, maybe it's true. We have to remember, that every hand can beat another. If you are be able to read the situation, timing and follow your good instinct, you can avoid that bad luck.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You reduce "luck" by making sound decisions. position, hand range, stack size, starting hands, betting patterns. If your just concerned about premium hands and betting people out then your luck will continue to be "bad".

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you know your on a bad luck streak you should stop playing with real money and go to play money and see if you can lose that instead lol. Worth a shot maybe!