Help me choose a tournament

Z

zannie27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd either play Sit-n-Gos until I get my weight up.. then play guaranteed tournaments or I'd a guaranteed tournament but if it we're for $1.10 I'd only play a freezeout not enough to play a rebuys or risk late registration..

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently managed to build a very small bankroll(around $1.50) on pokerstars through grinding some freerolls.
I'm trying to use a very strict bankroll management and was wondering if there is any kind of tournament I could start playing. The cheapest one I have found so far is the $0.02 hyper turbo 990 players sit & go which would give me around 75 buy ins but I'm not very fond of hyper tournaments. Is there any other option I might have missed or should I just wait until I have a bigger bankroll and start doing $0.10 sit & go's? I would appreciate any advise.
the poker stars tournament is of the MTT 0.11с
2 hours late registration
players will 3K
bonus zone good

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well considering you are playing cash games perhaps you can stick to them (especially if you are successful at them).

Otherwise you bankroll is way too small: i'm in a similar situation (i have $1,22 from freerolls) and have intention to just grind freerolls. I don't like turbos/hypers, and minimum Sit and Go's with regular format are $0,25 45/90 9max. So amassing $20-25 should be enough to start playing those.

But now there is a bunch of freerolls to play for you - CC freerolls, also PS school online could be interesting, PS Discord freerolls on saturdays. I've not tried Jackpot freerolls so far (as formally it isn't a freeroll with $0.01 buy-in), but it may be worth checking out (though rebuys and starting stack with only 50BB leave mixed feelings).

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. In your place I would have accumulated a bankroll by participating in Freeroll tournaments, and then played in tournaments 0.10c sng.

P

PharCyde007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker micro tournaments

With a bannkroll you should only use 10 percent for any cash games and 5 percent for tournaments. standard.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep building bankroll at stakes where it’s easy for you - the higher you go and find it harder - step back down

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the sng of 0.10 and 0.25 are good to start and try to find stability in the sng and can go forward little by little, you should also take advantage of the freerolls you have access to, that can help you to have a bit of balance or you can have a quite positive impact on your bankroll

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest the tournament is 0.25cents.A choice of 45 or 90 players. I think you will like it.

I agree with the 0.25 SNG even though its not a "good" bankroll management.
But i would go for it anywas :cool: and if you play solid and dont run into coolers
you will be able to make it ITM.

You will actually be allowed to play poker, and not see an all in party as you will
see in freeroll, 0.2 and 0.10.

That, or save up untill you have 5-20$ then hit the 0.25 :D

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep taking part in the forums until you can play Cards Chat freerolls, way better odds than regular freerolls, are you playing ACR $10 freerolls? they start every 2 hours on avg.?

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
choose

my frient i am almost in the same setuation
i am trying to play with out deposit any money and get experience so i become
better player and have fun with out coast.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope you have been able to increase your bankroll since it has been 3 months after your posting but I think it is valid to leave my opinion. I advise you to continue playing freerolls to build a satisfactory bankroll. It's difficult, but it can have some positive results. If you can, play the 10 and 25 cent sitovers from 45 players up to 180. Good luck.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely build the BR first and just keep playing freerolls, develop your game before accelerating into cash games, ive got around $90 so far from freerolls from CC from April this year and looking to increase that. I keep that money to one side to play specific online tournies like micromillions, SCOOP and bounty builders. I know i could raise that if i played more freerolls but i like a healthy poker/Life balance !

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play this from $ 0.02 to buy in. Because you have the right to make mistakes and you will not play tight and afraid of falling out. And if you fall into such a tournament with such a buy in, you still have money for another entry. Play wisely and be your own manager. Between these two options of 0.10 and 0.02 I would recommend that you choose this second option from 0.02. Greeting! I hope I helped!

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit & go 0.10 Play. This is a fairly simple tournament. In this tournament you win a bigger stack. And start playing tournaments more expensive.
I advise you to play bounty tournaments. $ 3.30 with a guarantee of $ 16000-20000

Good luck to you!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
probably you should continue playing more freerolls and try to increase your bank with them and so you can play sng from 0.25 onwards, but is not more than equal try to play those of 0.02 that are hyper turbo, I think that sng can help you little bit that the tournaments are not always slow