Hand up, 6 or 9 players. Which table do you prefer?

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nine players

Nine players all day more money to be won. For me six at a table is not worth it. Capo1014

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

I think it depends on what they played that day in 9max I play fewer hands I close the range in 6max I would participate more in the game opening the range and maybe it is a little more fun depends on the desire to open hands with which I have raised haha

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9max is more comfortable to play as you have to be very tight, easy to isolate a player with a 3 bet and less hands to play. In 6 max there is more actions I find it more variant more fun and easy to bluff in

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the tables 6 max and 9 max, there are pros and cons.But I like 6 max more, fast poker and plus the chances of winning hands are twice as much.And 9 max, there are people at the tables who sleep and think for a long time.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 6 max you need to be able to play more loosely and play very confidently postflop. 6 max is better because there are more fish, who usually play one table and they are bored of waiting for long hands on a full ring. The harder part is that you have to play more loosely.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer 9 max because it better for my tight strategy.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 players at the table. Because I play a lot of tables and if I played 6 players at a table I would have to react faster and think less.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6max is nice. 8p is usually what I play but in general the 6-max are fun to play.

P

PokerRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
9 - Because I'm a tight nit fish.
6 max is my tilt waiting to pounce.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I prefer 9 player tables in tournaments because you have more time to think .A table with 6 players is faster and if it´s turbo ...no way!.Fortunately, most of the tournaments and sit&goes on pokerstars are with 9 player tables.I feel more comfortable playing them.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
6 players more chance to have a better hand than the other 5 players.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both are good, 6 players are faster

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
full 9 handed ring

if you want more action , play 3 or 4 tables at a time !

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like in cash games I prefer 6 max tourneys

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to play 9 player SnGs K.O. as you get to experience all three in every game, when the game starts it is like being on the final table of a tournament, then when it gets down to 6 players you start to change your playing style.
Then you get to the Bubble on 4 players and you have to alter game play again, until eventually you are Heads up with the last remaining player.
Every step along the way teaches you how to play on a Final Table, and the more Heads up you practice, makes you a better player.
Even when you are short stacked against the chip leader you have to be aggressive in a heads up situation, playing 9 player games gives you the experience you need to win Final Tables.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-handed because you get to play and bluff more often. Nowadays, I feel like a 9-handed table is kinda like watching paint dry..

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

The best table for me is six players. This is how I navigate better.

N

niko3561

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6 people tables. Because there is less people to observe......less people mean quickly establish how to play against them.....to quick you know how to play again them the best chance you will have to beat them.....which mean that you have better change to cash up.

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i play online i prefer 8 max. it was 6 max before, but i am easily using focus by some browser and game is too fast. live i get what i got, start tabble or join full table in cashgame, and all different types in tournament. but mainly i preffer heads up for 1st prize :D

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Online i play 6 players
it's better suited for me

CaSpeR851

CaSpeR851

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the tables 6 max and 9 max, there are pros and cons.But I like 6 max more, fast poker and plus the chances of winning hands are twice as much.And 9 max, there are people at the tables who sleep and think for a long time.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I prefeer 6 players because you play more hands then 9 players.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
6 when I play turbos or sng and 9 max for regular and MTTs

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournaments I've always preferred 9max, but I'm liking the 8max standard from the GG network better. but when it's cash game, then 6max for sure.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands