Hand up, 6 or 9 players. Which table do you prefer?

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like a table with 9 players. Unfortunately they are the majority and we have them. I really like the raised hand for quick games and I prefer 6-player tables for tournaments.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me too i prefer more 6 max but indeed most good tournaments are 9 players ....

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a 6 max guy too. My better success has come at them in win ratio. I understand how cards play better with 6 instead of 9.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the 9-max tables, on such tables the game is smooth, calm, more tight, just for me )).
On the 6-max tables, you need to play your hands more often, but good cards do not come often, so you have to play with what you have, not my style.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9, but 6 max is much faster and more fun.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to MTTs, I dont care to much. Most MTTs are in the 9-max or sometimes 8-max format, so this is, what I end up playing most. But I dont mind mixing in a 6-max now and then. pokerstars even have a few very short handed ones like a 2,2$ 4-max PKO turbo. That can be kind of fun, and it allow you to play way more hands per hour than a 9-max or 8-max table. So if you have a skill edge on your opponents, in theory this format should give you a very high ROI.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like it best if i have 6-8 opponents on the table

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like also 6 players tables you get more often good hands and the game goes much faster than tournaments with 9 players table

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 seats MTT tables, but SNG for 6 seats.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed for sure!
Can open more hands
For tight players 9 handed are better

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play at tables with 9 players. For me, this is the most acceptable format.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 max at the table.In this structure, the range of opening cards is clear.At 6 max, we are forced to expand the range, but I do not always understand the opponent's move.Although I play 6 max sometimes.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I preferred 9 players because I paid the antes less often but I guess as I improve my game I am starting to like 6 players more and more.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 handed with 5 minute blinds because I am forced to play a much more focused game. In 9 handed games, often with 8-10 minute blinds I can find myself getting distracted as the play moves slowly around the table.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha i always prefer the table with 6 people 9 people is very weird outside that it takes forever to play, of course, with 9 people there are many more possibilities

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6 players to a table makes it easier to get a feel of the other players style of play.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably prefer 9 player tables because it helps me to remind myself to be patient and not be too loose and aggressive.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max. In 9 max, ranges are supposed to be very narrow in EP. So it's just folding most of the time.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6 max over Full Ring. The RFI ranges for EP on Full ring table are too narrow. So we rarely play any hands.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use to play 9 players table so stay at this i prefer 9.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like a table with 9 players. Unfortunately they are the majority and we have them. I really like the raised hand for quick games and I prefer 6-player tables for tournaments.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Due to the looser play from both regs and fish, opponents are more likely to make gross mistakes that increase the winrate of a strong regular.2) Ha more often, namely in it you can maximize the advantage over the weaker player. In addition, the tournament goes less, which means XA with larger blinds, which also gives more room for maneuvers. Regarding the number of participants, we can draw an analogy with a 45max tournament, where a lot more players are thrown off, but let's say at 45max for $ 7 ROi will fluctuate 12-17% for a regular, while at 6max ROI will not be much less: 7-12%. It's not about the number of players, but about the space for maneuvers.It can also significantly add more anticipation to the 6max-frequent tilt of opponents due to more action

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6 max better, everything happens faster, more hands can be opened

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands