Hand up, 6 or 9 players. Which table do you prefer?

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I prefer 9. I feel that it's more likely that it takes a "good" hand to win. 6 means you play weaker hands and is more like bingo poker. More usage of skill with 9 as opposed to luck with 6.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 player the most especially if im in a hurry or 9 if I wanna get in tournament mode. I mite play a heads up if some1 is in it already just for the heck of it. Good luck and have fun too. :D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Question - i was having this conversation with a close friend this week as i have never liked 6 handed and then i go and bink a 2nd place in a tourney for $40 bucks..so my preference is 9 handed still but it has encouraged me to play the faster action, wider range 6 handed games this week...

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 handed turbo when time is an issue. I don't mind playing with 9 players sometimes. Better payout too if you win!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 handed tables better. Although 6 handed might be jucier on occasion.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do better in 6 handed because you play more hands more often. Yes you play with a wider range…but I find in 9 handed there are soooo many players that play bad hands and luck out…then eventually their q4off calls a preflop shove and and crushes your pocket aces.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Sit & Go tournaments, I prefer to play with 6 players, but in MTT tournaments I don't care

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which table do you prefer?

I rather prefer tables for 9 participants, as they have more time to think about the actions of my own and my opponent!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy either amount of players. The nine players allow us to play longer so I would probably say I enjoy them more than the 6 players. Hope all is well with you all....

Beatlebug

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 9 for cash games, 8-6 for tournaments, HU for a million dollar payout :)

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think everyone likes 8 and 9 max deep stack tables because there is room to 3bet and 4bet even bluffs without losing a significant amount (with the right bankroll approach)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I recently noticed that I'm getting better at 6-max than at 9-max. I don't know if it's a coincidence or I just didn't pay attention. Let's see, there will be a 6-max tournament today, I'll try to enter it and see what happens. I don't think that I'm a quiet player and can sit for a long time in 9-max.

P

pockerman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess 9 players table is too big for me, too much players against who you must challenge. But maybe in time, when I get more experience I change my mind. But for now, it is so, only 6 players table, and no more, better not play at all.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like 4 to 8 players tables the most. 6 max tables are my favourite.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather have the jj it's a pair right now hahaha fade away.... I've actually won some big tournament hands with jj against AK but no limit holdem I just might take the AK because of post flop play you can get screwed over alot with jj

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands