Good starting hands I hate to go all in with.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK You made me lose too many important times

S

snake666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that All in depends more on our position, the size of the bank and the stage of the tournament. you can always lose, even with AA

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more we lose than we win

Certainly not my friend, as the mentors say, in poker you lose more games than you win, it is normal not to be distressed, just yesterday I saw dozens of hands losing with AA in All In for Straights, Flushes.
Good luck and have faith that sometimes your AK will win

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
89s is a hand I love, also a hand I hate.
But I would say 89s is one of my favorite hands, at least want to see a flop with it.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK it is a verry "dangerous" hand.......It is like Angel&demon for me...You can beat strong hands, but you can also loose a lot against hands like 6 7......8 9..........10 J...

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is the one that usually puts me in a bind. If I get flat called by AK I am usually in a world of hurt if we hit the A on the flop.

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate AJ because any low Q or K can win your hand on flop

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think AK is not a bad hand to play. I don't like AJ. I raise, but on the flop I don't quite know where I am. Do I have the best hand, or did I lose? Is it just me?

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a super powerful hand, extremely strong in most all situations. AK blocks Aces and Kings and you're roughly 46% vs any pair when you jam and get called if you're not already crushing a worst hand. Jam spots are very powerful deep in mtt's if you have your opponents covered no matter what cards you're holding. It's more about the current table dynamics and the players you're going against. Most spots play theirself and don't sell your hand short nor the spot, let it play itself. Run the cards. As long as you're jamming first you're making no mistakes. You can't make any mistakes if you're allin first leaving the other player to call and make mistakes, wake up or put to a very tough decision and fold a better hand such as a medium pair due to not wanting to flip in the current spot. Most of all don't be results oriented, the hand plays itself, worry less about results and more on making the correct decisions. :as4::kh4::icon_thum

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the AA KK QQ
When I go on preflop all-in I lose 80%

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is at the beginning I prefer 3bet, Cbet and I analyze the turn and river. But depending on the size of my stack I go all in.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on a lot of factors, but I prefer just make a good raise with AK than shove. But, depending on the villain, I call with it.

hairball

hairball

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 10 , always lose with it , and lose against it , lol

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From 99 to AA I give it all in the beginning because even if you win you can get an advance in front of the others.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seen a lot of AK off suit being called of by QJ or JT suited. Yes you are a 60% favorite against these kind of hands heads up. You are getting in good but still going
to lose 40% of the time. If you don't mind flipping for your stack. Ok but some of us do. Some times I want to get to the flop cheap as possible then commit my stack. If board is A T 7 rainbow ,I probably going to do my stack against one player. If he didn't folp 2 pair of better. I am going for it.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to go all in with aces...It is like a killer to me. That and kings too.

Beatlebug

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play all in before see flop is roulette in my opinion. Playing with luck only, not strategy play.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK unsuited. I've lost just about every race pushing this. Is it just me?

I almost never push with AK, even suited I am nervous with - I MAY call, but depends at what stage of tournament (I mostly play tournaments). They are often called and seem to lose more than they win - in fact, I often find myself facing something like KK, or AA, so unless you flush or str8 you've had it!

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find with AK i am almost always in a flip or dominated but best case scenario in a flip. I rarely get them up against AQ or AJ.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hate AK o, AQ o i always seem to get in a spot where there could be a flush or a small str8 thats betting my hand i.ve even been takin ou with two pair on the river card just my luck i'm thinking :evil:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKo - today I push. Opponent call (QQ). And... I caught a KKK set. And took his stack. So sometimes luck is on our side. )))

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is something about AQ. A pair of cards I hate at any moment during the game. Always a losing combination when I am trying to play and generally kicking my butt when played against me. Now I fold this hand any time it comes up! Guess what? I am not losing with AQ anymore :cool::cool::cool:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands