Good starting hands I hate to go all in with.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
This thread like many others generalize a hand like AK.
Any hand cannot be played the same every time.

There are a lot of factors that go into playing any hand.

It's important to analyse that first.

Do you go all in with AK when you are on the button and so far there is only SB and BB to call? The rest having folded.

Obviously you will consider your position, your opponent and your chip count against theirs.

So next time don't just go all in with any AK.
That's my opinion.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When We had AK

When We had AK.

It's within 5 people including itself.
It has much chip most in it.

→→→→→→→→ ALL IN!!!!!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what you’ll always even put to the percentages in the end. If you know it’s a race then you can consider folding depending on the ICM or the stack depth. Short stacked you’re just going to have to accept your fate and take the variance

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont like to go allin with AK but more with JJ

this so much! ak and jj are my absolute bustout hands deep in tournaments. somehow its impossible to avoid those situations to get it in, especially when the blinds are already high. also when you are carddead all the time and then FINALLY get jj or ak, you really going to fold? me not...

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just had yesterday same bad experience, moved all-in, didn't have much left there..
ace hit the flop, but other player won with two pairs. Would never move all in before preflop, unless it's a move out of desperation.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is clear that poker can be profitable because it is a game in which a player is measured against another player. The best will win in the long run.and thinking in the ranks of the hands when playing, we can make the mathematical expectation of each hand is positive in great traits. By doing this, you can practically guarantee the profits for life on the basis of the ability and a solid game knowing withstand rough patches and managing our emotions.
However, you are never too old to learn and you will need to continue to seek additional information and new strategies, because the rivals also improve and grow in his career of poker players, so you must also compete by improving day-to-day. Don't be negative, your hands that you think you will lose as you say AK play it simple and does not fences all-in that little by little grab confidence in them.!!!

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate going all in with KK. Theres always an ace that beats me.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK unsuited. I've lost just about every race pushing this. Is it just me?
You should see AK suited for what it is, a drawing hand (a really good one though)

Lets day you're at a table with players who call a lot and you see lot of multiway pots. Someone at the table can easily hit a pair instead of you when its multiway (or better like a straight etc)

Don't shove unless you're short stacked in a tournament.

And if it isn't multiway, the people calling you have a high likelihood of calling with a pocket pair. And even pocket 2's are just about 50/50 with AK. So maybe they don't call often, but when they do (with a pocket pair), they have good equity against you. Which might seem to you like you always lose with AK. But really it's 50/50.

Last edited:
Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good hand to all in. In gipperturbo love playing tournaments all in with her. And on the bubble when the big stack. Aj conventional tournaments prefer to dump in response to all in the opponent who often Ak.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No, it it happens to all of us. But i also win with those cards. So it just depend on the game

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a good hand for All in. As always it depends on the tournament and the table structure. From your reputation. Many players play it aggressively. Some go all in.

dopustim

dopustim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is good hand to start.I do not like the A10

Last edited:
T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you dont HAVE to shove AKo, you can raise normally, or even call a raise and see a flop. I wouldnt even mind a limp if the table dynamic allows it, even though its usually not recommended.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's not just you and it has happened to me in the first hand to give me AKs and to land me
and I'm starting to wonder what hands at the beginning of this tinir to pay them al in

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it´ll depend on the tournament if it´s low stake may be worth a head-up but if there are more than two opponents then become riskier and its up to you see if your bankroll it´s ok to risky, but i prefer just rais or call, or then muck if needs to go all-in

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK is fine as for me. I hate to go all-in with 22-99 or A6-A9 but sometimes it's needed with a short stack.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK QQ JJ (QQ JJ) is a joke. I played the tournament yesterday and 3 consecutive hands fell AK QQ JJ and I lost all three to weak hands. Now I'm afraid to go all in with these hands.Guys, how to get rid of fears all-in with good hands?:):):):):)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

in fact in any flip coin AKs vs any pair has an average 50% chance of winning. I mean then it is worth betting all the chips pre-flop 1/2? so better to play even or odd for money:D ... But don't worry it must be in a bad phase ...

K

KickerSharp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on Position , number of callers and chip counts

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very much doubt that you have lost all of them, surely they hurt you more than when you lose with other hands because you take it like a monster hand.
having that move in hand does not guarantee that you win pushed all the chips

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often lost on poker cards on a big pair KK..JJ ..QQ those who caught me were asking for all in before the flop and I think these pairs are good cards..but mostly you lose with them.

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"AK" or "KQ" is pretty good hand to start.I dont like the A9

Akshayreddy

Akshayreddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me personally suggest you to put half stack in the play before play and if you make a pair in flop then try to rush in and put whole stack in.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no rules, it depends on the situation,how strong the tournament is and at what stage.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands