Good starting hands I hate to go all in with.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

No It happens to a lot of players
But depending on the gane, yes you can go all in
I prefer to watch the flop
It gives a better understanding
Rgds

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the answer is simple. AK is an excellent starting hand, emphasis on starting. It's a really good starting hand, but it's still just Ace high. So when you look down at AK and go all-in pre-flop, you're basically risking your stack with Ace high with a strong kicker.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the answer is simple. AK is an excellent starting hand, emphasis on starting. It's a really good starting hand, but it's still just Ace high. So when you look down at AK and go all-in pre-flop, you're basically risking your stack with Ace high with a strong kicker.

well the Thing is you have a 29% Chance to hit an A or K and if you hit on a flop that is not too wet, you are a BIG favourite against most hands if played correctly preflop.
that is why AK is so strong
and if you don't hit the flop, you can still improve on the turn and river

AK unsuited. I've lost just about every race pushing this. Is it just me?
with 'every race' you mean every bad beat you remember?
you are ahead against any non pocket pair and flipping against 22-QQ.
KK and AA are the only Hands you are behind, so what are you afraid of?

If you have HM or PT just Look into the stats and tell us how often you won with AKo. If you have played more than 20k Hands, I'm Pretty sure it's more than 50% ;)

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get your chips in +EV situations then nothing else matters. Complaining that you lost the flips is being results oriented. It does not help your game any and will only cause you to turn +EV spots into -EV spots.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also hate this hand, the most unlucky hand

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AK and all in only if i have a small bank. AK is good hand to start and raise, but not for all in, where every can call to your bet.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love AK but it does break my heart many times and at times many times in a row. Against a pair it is actually a dog in a all in confrontation. When it hits a Ace of King you will win the pot most likely and that the real positive of it all. If you are playing it for an all in I cant blame you when the stacks are short but when stacks are very deep it is not advisable to play it that way and in my opinion would be a loosing proposition.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that all-in on preflop with AKo is only desirable with a short stack. With the middle and full stack - play aggressively and focus on the flop.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And 10 is the most unloved starting hand .. flew so many times thanks to the kicker. now I just fold this hand and consider it to be hopeless. for me it is better to go to the bank with A5.:cool:

Aestheticzz

Aestheticzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK isn't even a pair....I just always remember that when I get it preflop.

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKs is a very strong hand to play pre-flop aggressively with, but if you are short on chips it is a big risk to go all-in as you will most often come face to face with pairs.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IUeh OIUEh OIUEh IUEh AEUh U

AK unsuited. I've lost just about every race pushing this. Is it just me?

negative, with me happened to be deleted five in a row, with AK AK KK KK AA after that ......... I stopped ...
:ciao:

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate going all in anything but aces or kings. Everything else i try and see the flop. unless your heads up.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ.

Lost two big showdowns with it. Ran into KK and then lost to some jerk who called off almost his whole stack with A5.

Coulda made it far if I won one of the two.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is still a lot of luck involved in this game. A few days ago I was winning everytime I was dealt J5 so I kept playing it and made it to a final table with 4 wins with J5. So if ace king is having an unlucky streak for you mix it up a bit...That my take on it. Luck is sometimes a huge factor

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is still a lot of luck involved in this game. A few days ago I was winning everytime I was dealt J5 so I kept playing it and made it to a final table with 4 wins with J5. So if ace king is having an unlucky streak for you mix it up a bit...That my take on it. Luck is sometimes a huge factor

my cards yesterday was q,7. watch the cards

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats where i just wait for a good hand and limp in or just callthen i push it on the river

the problem with alot of players
when tourns start alot of players go all in figuring they got a sweet hand
but they go in example with a 3s/9d
you got a kd/qd
but somehow they get the better hands and end up with quads or straight
it peaves me off lots

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK very good starting high late in a MTT when blinds are high. You are dominating all the short stack that will be going all in with Ax and coin flip with a pair that isn’t KK or AA

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with you my friend, AK off is so sick. I only have one position to go all in with AK off. And when I go all mostly all of the times I will be loosing to any card.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In most cases, I try to play hands like AK and only if I have less than 20bb then in my understanding it is all-in !!!

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on urs opponents... but usually I only 3bet with thos cards... after the flop I decide what do...

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well the hand I hate to go all in with is the old AA. How many times have I been beaten with those cards. Everything from trips down to somebody hooking another 2 n 7 when they go all in with the worst possible cards

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo nice hand vs 1 villain IP, if u push that hand every time it's ur leak because u very often should be beat against QQ

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands