Freerolls are affecting my improvement

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friend've thought of that also more believe than the freeroll we have to play like we played other games with paid value because many players will pay you with anything they do not care if they are playing poorly or not they just want to have fun and you have to take take advantage of those players considered weak or recreational.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played frerrolls all my life but it never affected my level of play except when I decided that this frerrolls is not worth the trouble I lose time and my energy to try to classify me. the player who loves poker will be more motivated than the bored who is bored. All players experience periods during which the pleasure of the game fades. A break of a few days may be necessary. In these moments, think back to your past successes, reread the biography of your favorite player, watch again the poker videos that make you vibrate, go to your favorite circle, chat with your friends who are still in love with the game. The pleasure of the game is essential, both for the general happiness of the player, and for its profitability. It is not enough to be a good poker player, you must play well.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand why this is your problem. Here's a tip, for example, access every freeroll tuner as if you're playing a more serious tournament and play maximally frivolous and cautiously and so you'll play better. This tournament has helped me a lot, but it's important that you get them in the right way. Try it like I told you and you'll see changes. Greeting!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls and haven’t noticed the effect of the freerolls on other tournaments. In other tournaments I play with a different strategy. Although each tournament has differences and must be entered into the strategy.
Play it as usual low buy-in tournament and you will not have your problems

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have played many freeroll tournaments and I feel that because I am playing a lot of freerolls this is hindering my evolution in why I wonder if it's the same with you? And how can I play freeroll without disturbing my evolution in my game? Anyone have tips?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
My opinion is that it should always be concentrated on just one game (table). You have plenty of benefits if you follow the game of other players.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i firdt started playing freeroll really had my game mucked up...i had zero bluffing skill/hand ranges because i had to have the nuts to win...took me a long time to fix that issue...i wouli would recommend putting real money in that u can afford to lose and play like that if ur new or beginning...theb maybe mix with a freeroll or two...poker without stakes isnt poker in the end

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it's all about being aware of players and game dynamics.
This is a good thing from a perspective of experience as it relates to being able to understand what's going on. However there can be pitfalls to development when playing freerolls.

Tendencies are different, decisions and the risk factor changes relative to the cost of buy-in.

B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have played many freeroll tournaments and I feel that because I am playing a lot of freerolls this is hindering my evolution in why I wonder if it's the same with you? And how can I play freeroll without disturbing my evolution in my game? Anyone have tips?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

P86 nailed it... I found myself noticing the same thing a couple weeks ago. I jump in these freerolls that have a 1st prize that's a fraction of my normal buy in. I just jump in, shove a few times and if I ht, I play it out...the level of play is usually pretty awful, so I "try" to divorce myself of the play there and not develop bad habits.

Good observation on your part. Maybe stop playing them for awhile.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are not tournaments to improve one's game, since many are recreational that they never deposited and it's a bingo

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strange... I play a lot of freerolls too but it's no big difference for me - cash tournament or freeroll

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am a bit yikes on freerolls... the ones offered by poker rooms mostly where there will be a field of like 250-thousands of players
i know shouldnt be about the money but i spend many many hours play them sometimes then finally make the money and win 20 cents?
if its a freeroll and early people no care and its all-in fest... and not much poker playin
the private freerolls are MUCH better!

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls to get better and not to get worst.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls shouldn't disturb your progress so long as you know to keep the strategy separated from your buy in tournament strategy. I also think freerolls play like a buy in game if you can make it in deep enough.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Americas card room freeroll player. I have played so many tounaments on ACR that it is totally sick. That being said, I notice that the freeroll tournament games seem to be more of a tutorial style game and that if you play in a textbook style with a little mix in with your own style that the game will reward you over the long haul. You do have to take in the variance factors meaning there may be multiple tournaments in a row where you are getting the ticket to the next satelite or money or whatever they reward you and yet at the same time you can play exactly the same and go into a 3 or 4 day funk. tweek your game a little bit and try to find your comfort zone until you can find a better style and keep adding little bits and pieces to your arsenal until you come out a nice polished player.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to set yourself a goal to get one of the prize places, then you will not without disrupting your evolution your game.

D

deMorphine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls from what I've seen is a huge shovefest and very loose callers.

C

cypherpup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy a good freeroll. It gives me a chance to play differently than I do otherwise online and in live play. If you feel that its affecting your abilities or your confidence then stop playing freerolls and focus on some smaller buyin tournaments. As a cash player I do have some difficulty due to the speed of the game but other than that it strikes me as very similar to a freeroll.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I have played many freeroll tournaments and I feel that because I am playing a lot of freerolls this is hindering my evolution

That depends on type of freerolls you are playing. For example, I seriously doubt that CC freerolls noticeably different from microstake MTT. On the other hand, open-for-all freerolls have hundreds and thousands of participants and therefore include a lot of gamble and to little actual poker skill. If you play mostly the latter then while it can help with some basic stuff you shouldn't expect that your skill will improve.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to freerolls people don't have to use money but rather their time as a buy-in so a lot of players will play loose and aggressive to build a stack or just bust out so they don't waste their time. I would suggest playing freerolls the same as you would a cash buy-in, with the only difference being less bluffing as freerollers will call a lot more often with anything.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must admit that know is competency much stronger than when i start to play here, and when i play other tournaments with buyin i dont feel much diference, and this help me in my game too.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
P86 nailed it... I found myself noticing the same thing a couple weeks ago. I jump in these freerolls that have a 1st prize that's a fraction of my normal buy in. I just jump in, shove a few times and if I ht, I play it out...the level of play is usually pretty awful, so I "try" to divorce myself of the play there and not develop bad habits.

Good observation on your part. Maybe stop playing them for awhile.

P86 Unfortunately at the moment only being able to play freeroll, more really who wants to have a better game advise does not play freeroll or play as little as possible
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing freeroll too and its not a problem not even close.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if it actually affects the evolution as a player, but I do agree with some of the others who say that playing freerolls is different than cash games or SnGs. I find that when people are playing with their own money they play tighter.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
make a test, try to focus on only one type, or freeroll or only paid tournament and see if the result is the same.

The only thing is to play a paid tournament but in the last few months I can only play freerolls and I realize that this is messing up my game a lot because any tournament that I play tries to do my best and I realize that several players play anyway and it ends messing up your way you play too
Thanks for the help, I'll put it into practice.

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
make a test, try to focus on only one type, or freeroll or only paid tournament and see if the result is the same.

WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THAT FREE Is disturbing you? in fact free does not help or hinder evolution. if you really believe in that stop the free and play real money
The problem is that at the moment I have no conditions to play real money and I tell myself that I will not play freeroll, but when I see ta I play freeroll because I can not go without playing poker
More thanks for the tip

Freeroll Passwords