puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are freeroll donkeys everywhere, even on CC freerolls. In fact, I think it is kind of like the werewolf/lycanthrope phenomenon where some players just turn into donks spontaneously.

T

Taijae88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I live your pain!

I feel it is the same for me. I recommend treating every poker tournament as a learning lesson regardless of the prize pool. This will help you develop good habits that can be used in higher stakes poker.

Additionally, I recommend using freerolls to test different strategies since the stakes are not as high.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I disagree, I think we should play freerolls to rebalance what we lost in rake to the poker platforms. But as for the game itself, play a little more tight aggressively in non-freeroll tournaments.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have played many freeroll tournaments and I feel that because I am playing a lot of freerolls this is hindering my evolution in why I wonder if it's the same with you? And how can I play freeroll without disturbing my evolution in my game? Anyone have tips?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
My only thoughts on the subject are to just play your game no matter the buy in. Like in any sport practice practice practice. We cant control how the other players in free rolls play the game but we can use all the tools we have to make the best decisions we can. Although the ranges of our opponents in free rolls are much wider i think it can actually help us to think in wider terms. I mean if you can narrow the range of an opponent in a free roll accurately imagine when your playing an opponent with ranges similar to your own.

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to approach it like you would any other tourney but be aware that there will be a lot more land mines (donks) to deal with. Good luck

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freerolls is very different from playing for money, a completely different strategy of the game, completely different behavior of players.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to approach it like you would any other tourney but be aware that there will be a lot more land mines (donks) to deal with. Good luck

Playing freerolls is very different from playing for money, a completely different strategy of the game, completely different behavior of players.

Thanks for the tip I am seeing the tournaments in different ways and in each of them I am applying different strategies and increasingly improving my game

Freeroll Passwords