Are freerolls a realistic way to learn Tournament poker?

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend, I totally agree that freerolls are not the best way to play good poker, since the common denominator of people takes it lightly, they play it very "binguera", on the other hand if they are good to learn the dynamics of the game without risking our own money. (sorry for my bad English) good luck at the tables.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this is one tool i used don't get me wrong I still have a lot to learn but i progressively get better daily. It's a great place to try new strategies and once your down to 2 or 3 tables depending on the game i guess but in CC FRC games the competition is pretty stout by that point. Also I have small br at 2 or 3 sites i've never deposited at from playing them. Just got to be careful don't let donks affect your game and start picking up bad habits this is easy to do especially for new players just starting to form habits. It's always the same group of people at ft's every time not the same 9 but it rotates between a slightly larger number if your not making a little money in freerolls don't blame the freeroll because a lot of people consistently do.

Last edited:
Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls are a very good way to learn and develop poker skills without using your own bankroll. However you have to remember that the early stages of freerolls are usually played with reckless abandon by some, use patience.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stepping Stones

Freeroll’s are a good start to the world of Poker Tournaments, but as you can imagine when players put there own real money in they play different and the higher the stakes the better the player, you can only learn how to beat good players by playing them. Stepping Stones

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roolls are nice practice for me if win build a bankroll and grow step by step but not easy for sure i admit that there are a lot of players :stoned::vroam:

R

ristoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every tournament, cash game or other variance of poker can teach you something about poker strategy and psychology of players. It depends on you if you want to learn something or play risky because it's free.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely! Freerolls are a great way to get comfortable with various styles of play.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think you learn a lot in the freeroll, but it is good to increase your income without fear of losing your money. :)

Freeroll Passwords