Freeroll State of Mind

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, I played well. But now, when I lost with AA resists 66, will build the game to the opponent. Poker School is one thing, but in reality the game is quite different.

Completely agree with you. game at school is absolutely inadequate,positions are not counted at all,a tiny pair move two aces, two kings After the poker school do not know how to play cash tournaments. and when prihodi two aces or two kings straight afraid to play them

T

tmw360

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls have way to many any2card players. ...in certain freerolls, and some very competitive, and most full of luck cuz of the any2card player.
Got beat other night by a 27 off all in outa position I call with pocket a's and lose. ...go figure.

Best of luck to all and as always great health
T

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I treat freerolls how to tournaments!I like enjoy this game!!

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls for me as the game for money you should try and money.with frirollov can win money and with money money!what I like to play freerolls-I think the same like others)if you lose in the freerolls so upset by the money)

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This game class will become a tournament of fish, of numbers of players that go all in with any card, it is simply a question so that you survive the first hour, you can not play with any strategy having so many bingueros

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls is not very bad for the experience if they are treated accordingly

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If in freeroll I dont play many people normally and if I play normal freeroll which has the fifth part prize-winning from all participants normally.

Y

you feel lucky punk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free For All Free Roll

My basic strategy is:
Play every hand in the beginning. If I don't triple up in the first 5 minutes, then I just start going all in every hand.

When you hit a nice pot, and triple up early on, then I slow down, wait about 20 hands for playable cards.

But when I get down to 20BB, I start blasting away with any decent pair, or ace.

My experience is that patience does not pay in free rolls. It's about amassing huge stacks early, then leaning on smaller players. I make the final table about 1-in-20 times, so its good. I dont like to waste time.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can play it so you can expand your level to a better player , that's 1 point the other point is you can win some cool prize if you get into the right position at the right time

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually take it as seriously as a normal tournament, it's a good way to practice plus a shot at a free prize and that's always nice. However you should consider that others might not take it that seriously and adjust your play accordingly (I would tighten up a bit and try to pick a spot to double up).

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends what the rewards are in the freeroll,also your bank roll.i mean why give every thing for hours and hours with 1000s in the thing,when even if you win you get a dollar.but if your rewards are big i will give of myself and try my very best.hats off to those of you who can give it every thing when the rewards arnt worth the time or effort to me.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understanding free rolls is simple. Closer it gets the money bubble and final table the more serious the players become, but in the beginning and middle stages it is all shove and hope cuz you arent risking anything....its free. So you have a couple options, you can settle yourself and try to play a solid game while majority of the players around you will be playing very loose or you can pick spots accurate and go super aggro to try and pick up some big pots or you could join the loose heads and hopefully get lucky and become a early big stack. The way in which you value the free rolls would reflect in your play. gl sir

J

Jacob123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a freeroll for money and you are keen, then play tight and watch all the loose players drop off. If there is no prize pool (e.g. play moneyI wouldn't bother playing you won't learn much as people wouldn't play in the same way as they would if money was at stake.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if you make it past a hour then its a real tourney

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think your outlook should be when playing a freeroll? Should you treat them like a joke and play donk, play them for fun so widen your range and play outside your comfort level, or treat it like it is a real tournament and play your normal style?

I have become sort of a "freeroll" regular because I am disabled so I have plenty of time, I have been attempting to build a bankroll withut depositing because my disability check pays my rent and food and that;s it. My strategy which has been paying off, is that in the very beginning I play super-tight. I try to let the people blast-off and get out of the way, maybe half-way to the break I start loosening up and really look for good chances to double up. I feel if I get to the break with average or above stack, I have a chance, then I start to play as if it was a $$ buy-in tourney. Looking for spots to steal the blinds.. etc..I guess the 1 thing that I really keep in mind is that people are always going to do things which will not make any "sense". Because after all it is a freeroll. I never ever get angry r upset if I get bad beat,

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

What do you think your outlook should be when playing a freeroll? Should you treat them like a joke and play donk, play them for fun so widen your range and play outside your comfort level, or treat it like it is a real tournament and play your normal style?

Any tournament, you have to be serious, even if it's not serious. I have not played in a Freeroll. But I assure you that , i will show strong game

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the earl stage of tournament you must play very carefull, going into the bank just with a real strong hand. Later, when the blinds and ante became higher pay attention to the game of your's opponents, don't be afraid to go all-in if they're shows passivity to steal the bank on preflop. And you musn't forget to control your stack for all time of tourney, be accuracly with players who's had bigger stack.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep your eye out for the players who are sitting out, so that you can raise and take their blinds when you feel that you will not come up against any resistance from an actual player. Make sure that you pick your spots carefully, and try not to get into any heavy contests with any of your opponents for these free blinds.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play very tight in the beggining. The key aspect to get ITM is to have good reads on your opponents. Obbserve for betting patters and exploit them because is a freeroll and most of the players are weak! Doesn't matter if the tournament is a freeroll you have to play your A game.

After the first stages you can make attempts and steal the blinds, they will be vital for your survival! I don't think you have to 3bet often because they will call you anyways.So leave the polarized 3bets for more advanced tournament fields. 3bet/4bet-shove only with monsters and don't hesitate to go all in with a premium hand. I won't give you ranges on that because I don't want to confuse you.

I am using all the above and I run pretty well.GL

C

chronner575

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how seriously you do not play in a freeroll, there will always be a donkey who every time goes to Allin with a disagreeable A7. So here the main thing is to persevere these donkeys. It's hard for the first 5000 participants. The last 200 is already easier)))

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always take all games serously, sure that when you have low stack in freerolls, you have less care in open range. but normally i get angry when i lose whatever if someone bad win against me or if i took poor decision in any tournament.

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The trick of freerolls for my point of view is that people play without any fear of losing as they did not have to make any kind of investment and it makes them easy to go with any mediocre all-in hand and this should be good for The people who play TAG but here is where the variance and the fate of these characters becomes manifest and hits us in the face our good hands.
In the same way I follow my criteria of having a good game both in freeroll and in a very important tournament.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

i always take all games serously, sure that when you have low stack in freerolls, you have less care in open range. but normally i get angry when i lose whatever if someone bad win against me or if i took poor decision in any tournament.

Of course mistakes happen, but this is a lesson for the future

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made 9$ from freerolls in 2 days on ACR and Tiger Gaming. I can explain my tactic in few phrases. The only thing I don't do more $ is because sometimes I lose my patience and don't stick with my own strategy but when I do, it is ridiculous how well it pays me off.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I think it's best to just sit out for a while in these public freerolls. I'll play AA, KK, QQ, and AK only until we get past the break. Usually works out. I won the $100 8PM EST on BOL and 3rd in the $10 Turbo on SB.