Freeroll Rule #1

S

Shpanidze0987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
everything is fluff without exception...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think often thats a good way to ensure you win as little as possible. If everyone folds you just wasted a really good hand.

You should be trying to get as much value as possible out of each hand.

That being said, if you are in a freeroll and you have reads on players that they will call open shoves with hands like AT then you can go ahead and shove your AK. This still probably is not optimal, but if you can replace the game with something equal or better or if you need the screen space then its not as bad. The higher you move up in buyin the less this sort of move will make sense, because players will generally be less willing to get it in deep with AT. So you will either be called by better or everyone will fold and you will have value poned yourself.

Last edited:
Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in card chat tournaments there is no such thing in the initial stages, but in other freerolls it happens all the time!
In Carsdschat tournaments this doesn't exist in the initial stages???????????????😱🤣🤣🤣🤣, I don't know which tournaments you play in, I see it every day in CC tournaments, this week in the first hand in one of the tournaments 4 players went all-in and worse with speculative hands, the one who had the best hand with AKs, ended up losing to one of them who took it all with a pair of 22, the guy made a set on the flop.🤪🤣

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe when the numbers of players is humongous, the stacks are short, and the blinds go really fast. Maybe the all in theory might get you up to a point where you can play a straight forward game. CC freerolls don't usually need this kind of play, in fact it will get you eliminated very quickly.

Justfun

Justfun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
That's usually what happens, but they often go all-in with a terrible hand

dedoxm

dedoxm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
It depends on the structure and number of players... But most of the time, yes.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This strategy is good at the beginning of a freeroll, at later stages, I think it's a strategy worth using when you already have a small stack.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well, if you've been playing for 4 years and saying this, I don't even know what to say, I think this plan is very bad because you will win as much as you lose. You need to play the map and play very carefully and choose your opponents in order to win the weak and not play with strong players

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Even in the same tournament but at different tables (if you were moved to another table), you will have to play differently and adjust your range depending on the play of your opponents!!!

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ei todo mundo. Jogo online há 4 anos e percebi que nos freerolls é preciso esperar por uma boa mão e ir all-in. Essa é a única maneira de ganhar alguma coisa. Então, o que você acha?
I don't think it's a good idea, because even if you go ALL-IN with AK, there's always an unfortunate person who pays with 44 and breaks you in the River! Of course, there are situations where it is necessary to play like this, but I always want to play like this, I think it's unnecessary!!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Freeroll tournaments are free to buy in, and so it gives to the players a chance to play looser and more bold. But they are governed from the tournament rules also. So when you're going all in in every hand, your course will not be so smooth, but it will have big up and down.

Tanamita

Tanamita

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not agree, people can play with 45 and 73 in freerolls and they all the same, you just need to understand that any hand can win, how to lose

P

paulus15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed for Freeroll Sats. Untrue for CC's freerolls.
If I'm "lucky", I am sometimes seated at a normal table in Freeroll Sats.
That's the way most of Brasilian, Romanian and Ukrainian players do playing freerols as I've noticed

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always thought that it depends on the freeroll you play, if you play the CC freerolls they are calmer, but if you play a free where more than 1k players play you will see that it is total madness where it is all in or fold, where you must risk with cards that you wouldn't normally do

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hey, everybody. I've been playing online for 4 years now and I've noticed that in freerolls you have to wait for a good hand and push the all-in. That's the only way to win anything. So, what do you think?
That is the way to double up your stack of chips... Also the way to end your tournament life... But there are also other things : luck, patience, study, inspiration, aggressive opponents, tight opponents... All these can get you there as well.

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are ways to enter in a hand in freerolls, but yeah the standard is to wait for a good hand.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hey, everybody. I've been playing online for 4 years now and I've noticed that in freerolls you have to wait for a good hand and push the all-in. That's the only way to win anything. So, what do you think?
I don't agree at all. Patience is important but going all in just because you have a strong hand is risking too much. You just have to play against bets that you can pay without risking. At least that's what I think

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well, in many freerolls it is usually like this, you must wait for a very good hand or play all-in or fold, but it also depends on the freeroll or the players at that moment, there are times when you can find players who play calmer, there are also tournaments like cardschat that are calmer, but generally it is risking all-in or folding and trying to get a lot of chips at the beginning

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I don't think you should play like you play a normal tournament with which you have paid, I just agree that in the free ones people open too many hands, which in the long run brings them many bad consequences. You relax and play like you always play. luck

P

paulus15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning, I think you're wrong. Although a lot of people play like this in freerolls where you have few chips because a good hand falls into the open push range (go straight up to the all in) range.
But I recommend that once you increase your chip level you play normally, obviously select your hands but try to play them and leave aside the open push.
As for the tournaments where you have the most blinds, you can apply your strategies and take advantage of those people who only play all live. It's a matter of patience.
I hope my advice will help you and good luck in your next tournaments.

Thanx a lot for your wise advice!

Poker Rules - Poker Games